Round 26 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He didn't get off he was found guilty and will miss the game on friday
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Get ready for the most biased, one sided pro Broncos reffing since the 06 Grand Final.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Broncos have been cleared of the salary cap investigation. Surprise!! The story also states the club is free to play in next week's playoffs. I thought the Broncos still have to make it into the playoff's. Do the writers know something we do not?
Brian
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:
glennb wrote:We have Maxwell again.
Better than Hayne or Klein.

I know a few people here don't like him but I like Badger.
Badger has turned into being a fair referee.We used to dislike him immensely caused By the Danny Williams Mark Oneal dust up at Balmain many years ago.
He lost control of that game and one thing led to another.There was a lot of niggling in back play and not just with Danny.

Badger has matured and is now fair in my view.

Klein i have disliked as a ref since he came over from super league.He has no consistency.

You watch Badger have a crap game and embarrass me LOL
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree. I do like Badger, but we have hardly had him this year. I also like Henry P as a ref.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:I agree. I do like Badger, but we have hardly had him this year. I also like Henry P as a ref.
We haven't had Badger once this year.

Main Refs for Storm Games
Ashley Klein - 6 Games (1 win - and that was by 1 point)
Gerard Sutton - 5 Games (3 wins)
Ben Cummins - 4 Games (3 wins)
Shayne "Look at me" Hayne - 3 Games (2 wins)
Jared Maxwell - 3 Games (2 wins)
Matt Cecchin - 2 Games (2 wins)

Secondary Refs for Storm Games
Adam Gee - 5 Games (2 wins) *Regularly paired with Klein
Gavin Reynolds - 3 Games (3 wins)
Gavin Morris - 3 Games (2 wins)
David Munro - 2 Games (1 win)
Grant Atkins - 2 Games (1 win)
Chris Butler - 2 Games (1 win)
Henry Perenara - 2 Games (1 win)
Gavin Atkins - 1 Game (1 win)
Chris James - 1 Game (1 win)
Alan Shortall - 1 Game (0 wins)
Brett Suttor (who I dislike) - 1 Game (0 wins)

Too many Gavins, it confuses me.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

C`MON STORM. We can do it. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: and nrl you have tried hard this season to derail STORM 2014 so this is for you :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
cayal
Squall
Squall

Excited for tonight. Upgraded seats as well but the tickettek site sucks. Why can't I chose my seats?

Ask for best available and it just gives random seats.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Story in The Courier-Mail/Daily Telegraph that we have adopted the Roosters strategy by deliberately giving away penalties. We concede the most penalties (7.7) per game in the league. This is 1.5 per game more than last year. In the past month our penalties concede have gone up to 9 per game, in the last 5 matches we have given away 47 penalties.

The story says that because we are the best at wresting in the ruck the refs have cracked down on us, but other teams in the NRL feel that we deliberately give away penalties, rather than defend on the back foot.

The best at the wrestle. Have a look at the Rabbits and Bulldogs. Every other team seems to be allowed to hold us down a lot longer than we are allowed to hold them down.

Also, was it not about 5 game ago that Craig put in an official complaint against the refs!!! I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Just shows you how much crap journalists write.
Firstly, it's not a new strategy and wasn't stolen from the roosters.

We, along with Souths and Canterbury have been adopting that approach since 2012 (poss earlier) and was spoken about extensively in commentary back in 2012/ 2013.

We in general have been more undisciplined this year, so our penalty count is up this year coupled by the fact that we have been screwed over by refs this year more than any other.

The rules this year were brought in to stop our dominance and style of play and so not surprisingly we are targeted time and time again for penalties that opposition sides are not penalised for ( hence why we all get pissed off that refs are inconsistent b/c they ref our side differently to the side we are playing based on their cheat sheets that they have for every club - which says which players are biggest offenders of which penalties etc and therefore come into games with prejudices)

If you ever have the chance to listen to a game with sports ears, tune in to the refs call of the game. They never stop with "cameron, cameron, cooper, cooper " all the time, even when we have the ball they target Cooper in particular for everything...

What has been interesting is listening to sports ears when the senior ref overrules the 2nd ref who is controlling the ruck, certain refs (Hayne, That prick Klein) are notorious for ignoring or overruling their calls despite being out of position and out of sight of the ball.

The last six weeks all we have heard about is the Rabbitohs being the dirtiest side and best wrestlers in the game ( their judiciary record this year backs that up). All of sudden we are best wrestlers in the game again....

Of course Ivan Cleary and Mick Potter both have come out after losses and bitched about our techniques and surprise surprise we haven't won a penalty count in 9 weeks, hell we couldn't get a penalty in 1/2 game of football against the most penalised side in the comp last week.

Please, all week commentators were bitching about wrestle, watch as once again we get penalised our of another game ensuring they get the broncos into finals...
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

cayal wrote:Excited for tonight. Upgraded seats as well but the tickettek site sucks. Why can't I chose my seats?

Ask for best available and it just gives random seats.
It's always best to go to an outlet and request preferred seats.
We're GA members but have got our usual seats for Anzac Day this year, finals in the past (hopefully future as well) as well as 4 Nations in November. Never had a problem.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

what a surprise tactic from Courier Mail.. NOT. Bring out a negative article about Storm on the day we play them in an important match.. ala Bennett. this is so typical from the broncos camp.. Bennett used to do it all the time just before we played the broncos, dragqueens and knights... so courier mail decide to do it also..
don`t they remember Craig complaining that we aren`t getting a fair go off the refs(match fixers) a few weeks ago when we were cheated out of a Bennett coached side. Are we to expect that the refs are going to get the broncos over the line tonight.
I was waiting for something like this all week and they didn`t let me down. SO PREDICTABLE
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just completed the nrl member survey, where it asked for additional comments I said to investigate klein for match fixing!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:I just completed the nrl member survey, where it asked for additional comments I said to investigate klein for match fixing!
Classic
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

when was our last friday game this season? cant wait.

but get ready to battle the crowds with an expected 80k people at the mcg next door. parking at mcg should be plentiful but get there with time to burn