Round 24 - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was listening to the Grandstand call....and that Debbie whoever she is shouldn't be allowed near a microphone...couldn't help herself, took swings at the Storm all game - and you guys think 9/fox are bad.......The main guys were fine - but she was on sideline 'bash the storm' duty........either a Panther fan, or just hates the storm.....and then she interviewed a few of the boys after the game - i was all... 'don't talk to her!!! she isn't worth your time!!!'...well, that, with plenty of expletives and descriptive words :)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:What's wrong with jesse?
he had a baby.... :shock2:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How bad was the reaction of the feral Panthers fans towards the Refs after the game.

And they actually WON the penalty count 10 - 8.... ::)

Imagine if Storm fans acted commensurately from ACTUALLY being screwed by the Refs week after week and having 0 - 8 penalty counts in a half of footy...

AAMI Stadium would be torn down rivet by rivet....(but it won't happen because as we all know.... real Storm fans and Members are all CLASS ;D )...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The game has actually become so stupid, it is difficult to tolerate...

ALL game, our players were held upright in tackles, ref screams "HEEEEELD" and 5 seconds later, the Panthers players were allowed to bring us to the ground without penalty and lay all over us. It really is pissing me off. Don't call held if you are going to allow the opposition to continue the tackle anyway.

At the same time, the moment a Panther player was pushed backwards in a tackle, the ref screams "HEEEEELD" and if we don't release immediately, are penalised. If his feet are on the ground and the tackle hasn't come to a stop, you are allowed to drive back. It seemed to happen every time the Panthers were near a sideline or when they were working it off their goal line. We should have been allowed to drive Moylan back in goal at one point but Cummins/Morris made sure they protected him.

Have ONE f*cking rule and police it consistently FFS.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it was a good finals type win. Nothing flashy - but we kicked them to death. Built pressure and the points came on the back of it.
Our line speed was fantastic most of the game, and while the Panthers only having one playmaker made it easy to know who to rush, it was a consistent effort across the park.

I also love it when a team that has a negative game plan gets smacked. Kicking for touch every opportunity like Soward did doesn't build any pressure at all. There was either no trust in their kick and chase game, or they were overly scared of our kick returns... either of which is mentally a great sign if we come up against them in September.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

congrats to jesse then.

i agree regarding the reffing but maybe that's the problem. maybe they aren't scared enough of the reaction and so feel free to cheat whereas they worry about who may be waiting in the carpark for them in sydney.
cayal
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:When was the supposed incident of Cammy taking out soward. if it happened "OH WELL" :lol: :lol:
http://gfycat.com/MasculinePracticalArthropods
storm77
Squall
Squall

OT in a way but I do have to say I love those Catsuits.
Just thought I would mention it. ;)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, there was a bit of media coverage of Idris's shot on Cronk (which was a great shot) but more impressive IMO was Fonua's hit on Sika Manu!!! Right on our try line, Mahe absolutely nailed him (Sika was in a lot of pain playing the ball too)... As Storm fans, we know how hard Sika can be to stop close to the line.

Great shot Mahe! Keep up the tough stuff champion!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, that shot had me out of my chair. Unfortunately it didn't get the credit deserved, I don't think they even showed a replay of it let alone a dedicated facebook post.

Well done to the forwards as a whole unit. Essentially a man down with Moors not taking the field they clearly dug in and covered for Jesse.