Round 22: Knights vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hunter Stadium, Saturday 9 August 2014
Kickoff 5:30pm

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. William Chambers
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Ben Roberts
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange

14. Tim Glasby
15. Tohu Harris
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Jordan McLean
18. Dayne Weston
19. Kurt Mann

Big test with a 5 day turnaround. Expect the Knights to be up for this one.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Knights will be up for this one. I read a story in the Sydney papers, that the Knights "circled this match" months ago as one they have to win. They story went on about how angry they whole team are about the whole "situation" that happen last time the teams met. It could be just a Sydney paper trying to start something or it could be true.

Last 3 teams Storm have played against: Broncos-doing it for Griffiths, Tigers-doing is for Dwyer, Knights-doing for McKinnon. When is just going to be about playing football.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:...When is just going to be about playing football.
When we play manly in the gf ;D

But mostly likely just a media beatup.......can't possibly have Melbourne playing well heading towards the finals without dramah!!11!!111!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the newcastle feral fans will be out in force. they will feed off the accident forever.
the Storm are used to playing in front of hostile crowds so the best way to shut the ferals up is to flog the knights.
When will bennett start crying about Storm this week? (as he does everytime we play one of his coached sides)

I think he was funny when bennett said that the rabbits are so predictable in their plays and yet they put 50 on the knights. maybe the knights were saving their energy for STORM
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Short turnaround I think MK5 may be rested due to his thigh injury? Maybe that's why we're taking Kurt along.
Really hope we stick with them early and wear them down because they'll be high on emotion.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I did read that Storm were taking the whole squad on the trip to the NSW coast. I do think that Jordan should not play this game.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If the Knights try to verse us with 'revenge' on their minds I'm quite confident that we will dispatch of them easily. I think Bennett will know this however and I'm sure they will be trying to play with cool heads.

We will have to be on the lookout for Beau Scott and his grubby antics
cayal
Squall
Squall

There's only so much this can motivate a team before it runs out.

They won't sustain it for 80 minutes so as long as we play Storm ball we'll win and win easily.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glenb I tend to agree. Although the club cant keep hiding him forever. I do think the wounds are still raw and there will be an intense amount of emotion but Im on the fence about it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally, I hope Jordan does play.

Just wanted to also mention how well Glasby has played the last few weeks. Bellamy has given him more minutes and he's responded to it. Nothing flash about his game but he definitely doesn't look out of place in first grade. I really do think he would've been a good replacement for Hoffman.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The fact that resting Jordan even needs to be considered speaks volumes of the type of fans we have in Rugby League. It is actually quite disgusting.

Jordan should not be forced out due to hateful fans looking to blame someone. I want him to play... At the same time though, I do not look forward to the disgusting antics of the Newcastle supporters.

The best response would be for Jordan to kill it. Start him so he is not on the bench stressing about it for 20-odd minutes.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It should be his call. Knights won't be hosting finals so it's not as if we need to get it out the way so that if we play a final there it's done and dusted. If he does play, start him so that he's not sitting on the bench, exposed as a target for idiots for 20 minutes to have abuse and who knows what else hurled at him.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After thinking about it I think Smith will cop more from the fans than Jordan. Its going to be a long 80 minutes.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:After thinking about it I think Smith will cop more from the fans than Jordan. Its going to be a long 80 minutes.
That is the commentary from Knights fans on other forums/social media as well. Can't wait to give it to Smith/wishing injury upon him. I have no doubt however that they will also give it to Jordan.

I have little faith in the class of the average RL fan.