Rd 21 West Tigers Vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Where is "IamSHIT" to give us his take on his mediocre teams performance against my Champion Team? maybe after tonights lesson in defence from Storm the tiger cubs might perform better next week.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Adam Blair looked a little sad...

Hope the few extra $$ was worth missing a Premiership in 2012 and not playing Finals in 2014..or 2015...or 2016....or 2017...

but at least he's friends with Robbie Farah...who is apparently the best hooker in the world (according to Robbie Farah)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only conceding the one try was brilliant. Even the one that was conceded, we at least had bodies there making contact. Marika just needed to be up off our line a bit more before sliding.

One of my favourite moments in the game - Marika made a poor decision to jam in and hit the Tigers centre whilst a long ball was passed outside to the Tigers winger. Fonua was chasing hard from the inside and absolutely crunched him into touch. Loved it,
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LOL!!!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im calling it now but I think Marika will be our best defensive winger. Hes so fast that he can shoot in on a centre and leave the winger with a nice overlap and still have the pace to catch the winger before hes reached open pastures.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd buy in on that. . As I said earlier - mk5 and mahe were literally killing people out there!! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of either of those guys' hits! I'm happy to forgive some mistakes if they will slaughter people all night! :)

And how about the inside/inside play that Billy usually gets almost ending up in mk5's hands! Scary prospect and they are obviously already training for it - big things to come imo
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

IAmShit wrote:
stormy wrote:
Turtle188 wrote:That's okay Sally. Brisbane flicked their coach and look at the result.

I'd be more concerned about the condition of the cow paddock we'll have to play on.
I just hate the thought of my Champion team having to play on local cow paddocks(do they even have hot water). I think Sydney clubs have to start being professional and move away from the sub(burban) grounds. The Sydney clubs must be very envious of Storm players for the first rate ground and facilities that our champions get to do their jobs in.

I am super confident about this game.
CMON TIGERS, LETS TEACH THESE KIDS A LESSON!!!

You idiots are so confident and arrogant with your supposed team! Hey, answer me one question, how many dollars are you over the cap this time. Retard supporters, especially this Stormy dumbass. So what if we don't have as good a facilities than you, it has nothing to do with the game. The grub Smith will probably milk penalties all night, and try to get his shitty team over the line. If you didn't have the three, you'd be at the bottom of the ladder, and since they only have a couple more years, get familiar with the spoon you arrogant pricks. As for us, we have the best young talent in the comp and we'll be at the top!!! >:D >:D
Thanks for Koroibete lima lima lima duck.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Thanks for Koroibete *lima lima lima duck*.
:lol: All that needs to be said really.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loving that fonua koroibete combination, brilliant and i agree with what was said above about that defensive hitting, would hate to be the guy getting hit. Heard on nrl.com last week that mahe can squat 250kg! If true, no wonder he has such a big fend and marika's is powerful too! Was this the most over officiated game ever? Refs must have gotten new whistles and wanted to blow out the cobwebs!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Was this the most over officiated game ever? Refs must have gotten new whistles and wanted to blow out the cobwebs!
20 penalties... 8 to us, 12 to the Tigers. A number of them were seemingly for nothing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Robbie Farah has continued to sook on the Footy Show.

Blocker Roach has come out and given it to him. Here are some of things Blocker said about Farah:
- He couldn't do press conference on Monday but could do paid interview on Footy Show;
- He is the only one keeping this story alive, Tallis hasn't said anything for two weeks;
- Pearce, Jack and Siro have all retired and the club has continued. The club is bigger than any one individual.

Good work Blocker.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Blocker Roach has come out and given it to him. Here are some of things Blocker said about Farah:
- He is the only one keeping this story alive, Tallis hasn't said anything for two weeks;
Blocker is doing his best to keep it going as well it seems. Onya Blocker!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In fairness to the first point. The Tigers media manager told Farah that Galloway would do the presser because of his 150th game. And it was pointed out yesterday that the only reason Farah did the interview for the footy show was because channel 9 were giving up a $20k donation for Simon Dwyer if Farah agreed to do an exclusive for them.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does it have to be the captain & Head coach that fronts up to the post match media.
When Belleamy didn't turn up earlier this year and Storm sent Justin Morgan in we got fined!

Fair enough if he was injured and couldn't physically turn up, but the footage showing him running out of the back door on monday he clearly wasn't injured!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:In fairness to the first point. The Tigers media manager told Farah that Galloway would do the presser because of his 150th game. And it was pointed out yesterday that the only reason Farah did the interview for the footy show was because channel 9 were giving up a $20k donation for Simon Dwyer if Farah agreed to do an exclusive for them.
The Tigers media manager pretty much asked if Farah would prefer for Galloway to do the post match presser instead of him, so he can avoid the heat... Farah obviously took him up on that offer then was captured on camera running for the back exit of the stadium to avoid walking past the waiting media.

Farah could have quite easily stomped this out early on, even in the initial post game press conference two weeks ago, by saying, "Yes I said that but it was a difficult time 15 months ago. We have moved on, my relationship with Mick is great now and he has my full support."... But he didn't say that. He made it all about him and wanted everyone to know how poorly he was being treated.