Rd 21 West Tigers Vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigers have made a habit of beating good sides too last thing we need is Wobbie to have a blinder.
Still not convinced on our recent form. Next 2 weeks are huge.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

As Coops gave cherry evans a master class in how to play half back and Billy gave headbutt hayne a masterclass in playing fullback I think our CHAMPION Captain will give wobbles a lesson in how to be a great Hooker and Captain. I have full confidence in my Champion team to get the job done against the pussies.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bah lots of upsets this year, don't forget kick off is 7pm not 730, made that mistake a few weeks ago
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like they have been since the inception of Monday night football several years ago....
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Like they have been since the inception of Monday night football several years ago....
Like ;D
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whilst I love the concept of Monday night footy, I hate when the Storm have to play in it... We have to sit through the entire weekend and a full day of work Monday (assuming you have a Mon-Fri job) before we get to watch our team play.

While we are on Monday night footy, it is complete horsesh*t that some teams have to do it all the time whilst others, get looked after by the NRL.

The Warriors have ZERO Monday night games (home or away) this year. And whilst you might say to yourself, "Well that's fair enough, the travel would suck after that", the teams with the most Monday night games are the Storm and the Titans, each with SIX MNF games each.

We have to travel every other week.

The Roosters and the Bulldogs have ONE Monday night footy game each, all year. F*cking ONE.

If any teams should play more MNF games, it should obviously be Sydney based teams who don't have to travel. But of course, it never works out that way. Gotta look after the Sydney based teams as a priority, right NRL?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

50% of Monday night games are being played by the Storm and Titans.

The other 50% is being shared by 14 other NRL clubs.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The on-going unfairness of the draw is without a doubt my biggest hate of the NRL - it gives certain clubs a major advantage in terms of TV exposure, and thus increased sponsorship appeal, and also provides these teams with a more consistent training & recovery schedule knowing they have 6-7 days between each game.

2014 FTA Games (Thursday/Friday, Sunday):
18 - Broncos (17, 1)
16 - Bulldogs (11, 5)
16 - Sea Eagles (10, 6)
13 - Rabbitohs (12, 1)
12 - Tigers (5, 7)
11 - Roosters (10, 1)
9 - Eels (6, 3)
9 - Dragons (3, 6)
8 - Titans (2, 6)
6 - Cowboys (5, 1)
6 - Panthers (3, 3)
6 - Knights (2, 4)
5 - Storm (3, 2)
5 - Sharks (2, 3)
3 - Raiders (1, 2)
1 - Warriors (0, 1)*

* I'm sure the Warriors would be getting a fair amount of exposure in NZ.

Seriously, how are teams like the Raiders, Sharks, and even Storm supposed to compete for sponsorship dollars with the top 5 or 6 clubs above?!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Went to training today reckon we will be 1-17 although I did see a player come off early and talk to tony Ayoub then go to the sheds...I was told by one of the trainers he had to do media but I'm not sure if that was true or not...guess we will find out Monday
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Care to drop a name Sally? Lol.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess so but if it make the papers then it's definitely come from here cause I've only told u guys

It was cooper...I've never seen him leave training early but he pulled out of a tackle then went to the back of the ground and was touching himself he then walked to Craig spoke to him for a few seconds then walked down the ground to tony Auoub who said what's wrong...didn't hear what coops said but tony said lets go in a stretch it now...he picked up his shoes took photos with kids and walked off with Tony...I asked about him later and they said he was doing media (haven't seen anything from him in the media today) I also as the rest of the guys finished training saw Ben Hampton talking to Bellamy for about 5 minutes I asked Ben were he was playing and he said he wasn't sure yet

Was gonna say we could work it out if nsw cup were playing but I think the sharks have a bye so guess we will have to wait till Monday...I'm proberly completely wrong and it's nothing new
IAmShit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

stormy wrote:
Turtle188 wrote:That's okay Sally. Brisbane flicked their coach and look at the result.

I'd be more concerned about the condition of the cow paddock we'll have to play on.
I just hate the thought of my Champion team having to play on local cow paddocks(do they even have hot water). I think Sydney clubs have to start being professional and move away from the sub(burban) grounds. The Sydney clubs must be very envious of Storm players for the first rate ground and facilities that our champions get to do their jobs in.

I am super confident about this game.
CMON TIGERS, LETS TEACH THESE KIDS A LESSON!!!

You idiots are so confident and arrogant with your supposed team! Hey, answer me one question, how many dollars are you over the cap this time. Retard supporters, especially this Stormy dumbass. So what if we don't have as good a facilities than you, it has nothing to do with the game. The grub Smith will probably milk penalties all night, and try to get his shitty team over the line. If you didn't have the three, you'd be at the bottom of the ladder, and since they only have a couple more years, get familiar with the spoon you arrogant pricks. As for us, we have the best young talent in the comp and we'll be at the top!!! >:D >:D
Robbie Farah > Cameron Smith
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The fact is idiot WE DO HAVE THE THREE. They are stars, your young players are not proven yet, so no knows if they are going to take your team to the top yet.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't wait to see sook arse Farah kiss Cam's boots because it'll be as close as he'll ever come to filling them.

When he's captained his country, state as well as club, he'll still have to win a Golden Boot and a heap of Dally M awards to even be thought of being mentioned in the same breath.

Aside from that, it's a pleasant change to have something other than a Manly troll on the forum.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol. ....We have a 'westy' on board......I didn't realise they put Internet (or phone lines for that matter) out that way. ....now piss off before I 'fong ya mate!