Rd 21 West Tigers Vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great so storm have to play the tigers with potentially a new coach with rumours Potter will be sacked this week
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's okay Sally. Brisbane flicked their coach and look at the result.

I'd be more concerned about the condition of the cow paddock we'll have to play on.
cayal
Squall
Squall

If we get passed the Tigers, we should be able to get through the next 3 weeks with wins and pretty much lock in a finals spot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

5th or 6th ideally so we can at least get one home game.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:5th or 6th ideally so we can at least get one home game.
still pushing for top 4. 3rd or 4th means away week 1, but a home final second week or prelim if we jag a win week 1. And double chance... it's definitely where we want to be, and given we're only points difference from 4th, and 1 win from 2nd at the moment it's a definite goal
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I've got a feeling that it's gunna be a storm vs manly grand final again this year, don't know why but I've got a feeling that those 2 teams will line up in the grand final come September.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:
yourhero wrote:5th or 6th ideally so we can at least get one home game.
still pushing for top 4. 3rd or 4th means away week 1, but a home final second week or prelim if we jag a win week 1. And double chance... it's definitely where we want to be, and given we're only points difference from 4th, and 1 win from 2nd at the moment it's a definite goal

Spot on. Pretty much every result has gone our way so far this weekend and if the Raiders can upset the Rabbits in Canberra tomorrow night then even better. Tough ask given the way they've been playing but we all know that the Raiders can pull one out of the hat on their day and the Vermin are more than capable of a shocker so you never know.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Turtle188 wrote:That's okay Sally. Brisbane flicked their coach and look at the result.

I'd be more concerned about the condition of the cow paddock we'll have to play on.
I just hate the thought of my Champion team having to play on local cow paddocks(do they even have hot water). I think Sydney clubs have to start being professional and move away from the sub(burban) grounds. The Sydney clubs must be very envious of Storm players for the first rate ground and facilities that our champions get to do their jobs in.

I am super confident about this game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our next 3 road games are a lot harder than what people think imo. Two of them on a Monday night where anything can happen, and the other one in Newcastle where you just know they'll want "revenge" of some sort against us.

Will be a big test for us to see if we've turned our season around or if this 2014 team will continue to be inconsistent.

As of right now I think the ceiling for this current team is making into the 2nd week of the finals. Anything more is an added bonus.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team announcement.

Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
Monday 4 August, 7:00pm
Campbelltown Stadium

1. Billy Slater

2. Sisa Waqa

3. William Chambers

4. Mahe Fonua

5. Marika Koroibete

6. Ben Roberts

7. Cooper Cronk

8. Jesse Bromwich

9. Cameron Smith (c)

10. Bryan Norrie

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Ryan Hoffman

13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange

14. Tim Glasby

15. Tohu Harris

16. Kenny Bromwich

17. Jordan McLean

18. Dayne Weston

19. Kurt Mann
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Think that is the team we should be trying to take into the finals with the possible exception of Moors in for Glasby when he returns from injury. It would be nice to see Mann in the team, at least on the bench, but at this stage of the season I can't see us going away from the 4 forward bench and the outside backs have finally found some consistency.

Still got a good feeling that we can make a run deep into the finals. It was at exactly this time in 2012 that we ended a 5 game losing streak and went on to win every one of the remaining games. Given the lack of stand out teams this year I think another Storm vs Manly GF is on the cards.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigers are unbackable in this game, but if I've learnt anything the past few weeks it's that if I put a pineapple on it I'll lose it.... lose lose situation for me, go the draw
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wobbie Farah had training off today so he could "clear his head". Really can't stand this petulant and arrogant wanker.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Tigers are unbackable in this game, but if I've learnt anything the past few weeks it's that if I put a pineapple on it I'll lose it.... lose lose situation for me, go the draw
Sorry to say mate but I think I speak for the whole Baistand community when I say our care factor is zero.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

When someone on my ignore list is quoted, it defeats the purpose :/ booo bula....booooo!

That farah dramah is so stupid. ...so so stupid. .. he'll probably have a blinder too.... though I've no doubt Cam can, and will make him look like the second rate 'no.9' that he is. ...

I'm feeling a massive run all the way to the trophy has already begun!