R20 - Brisbane vs Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think people need to realise Kurt was never meant to play a lot this year cause duffie and Justin were first choice players...it's his first year...Bellamy is proberly just being careful not to play him too much
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sally do you know how Duffies injury is coming along? I read somewhere at the start of season he could be back late season. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though lol
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't seen him at training at all...I'm not even sure he is at the club atm to be honest...his gf is on an overseas trip ....Last I saw him was after the eels game but haven't seen him since and I haven't been to training in a few weeks...wish I had but I haven't had time
Kya
Squall
Squall

Blazza
I might be wrong but I think Garbutt is only one week back from injury?? If that is correct, Bellamy and co are usually cautious in returning players to first grade from injuries like pcl and medial tears until they have a few weeks of solid contact under their belt. Unless of course it's one of the big 3 and those rules do not apply.

I think Mann is just unlucky. They wanted to rest him and there was a hint of maybe a minor injury but in this case I think it is just a case of Mahe playing too well to be dropped. Mahe is showing some real development and he is a far bigger and more physical player to have in the centres and he has been in our best players for last two weeks.

I think Mann will have to really push to regain his spot which may be irrelevant if Justin Oneil finds form in nsw cup. (Even though I think he is a better winger, the centre spot is his to get back).

Not a fan of Weston but with Moors injured, he has been solid in nsw cup and since he is contracted for next year, I imagine he will be pushing for a chance at a FG spot.

Young deserves a shot at FG after solid few weeks but I think it's more a case of cover for Waqa as he is managing his injury week to week but obviously he won't force anyone out.
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

1. Billy slater
2. Sisa waqa
3. Will chambers
4. mahe fonua
5. MK
6. Ben Roberts
7. Cooper cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron smith
10. Jordan Mclean
11. Kevin proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. tohu Harris

14. Ryan hinchcliffe
15. Bryan norrie
16. kenny Bromwich
17. Dayne Weston

I hope we run out like this, I think a big pack will help a lot against the broncos as they have got some big men and we need to match it up front if we are gunna win this one
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Weston shouldn't be anywhere near the team until he learns to bend the line. Mann is also not a great center.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The way Copley played last week I'd say he'd start at left centre which leaves Hodges, Maranta against Fonua and Koro. Geez I hope Fonua aims up in defense and can give Koro a couple opportunities to take on Maranta.
Dry track big atmosphere I hope we put in a super performance.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Went to school with Maranta and although he was a few years older I can't say I liked him too much. Was glorious seeing him mess up in almost every aspect of the game last year. Hoping for a repeat performance.

Credit where its due though, we could be in for a very long night if the Broncos target MK under the high ball as Maranta looked surprisingly good last week. Might be a worthwhile option switching Mahe to the wing late in sets to defend any bombs.

Looking forward to the game, been a long time since I last made it to a game at Suncorp. Keen to see Will's 100th. Given that it is not a home game I think it is fitting that he atleast gets to play it at Suncorp.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Went to school with Maranta and although he was a few years older I can't say I liked him too much. Was glorious seeing him mess up in almost every aspect of the game last year. Hoping for a repeat performance.

Credit where its due though, we could be in for a very long night if the Broncos target MK under the high ball as Maranta looked surprisingly good last week. Might be a worthwhile option switching Mahe to the wing late in sets to defend any bombs.

Looking forward to the game, been a long time since I last made it to a game at Suncorp. Keen to see Will's 100th. Given that it is not a home game I think it is fitting that he atleast gets to play it at Suncorp.
I hope we don't switch Mahe to wing for bombs... yes he can catch them, but gets caught out with his lack of height to often imo
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Koroibete 180cm
Fonua 185 cm

He's taller according to the info I found
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua wouldn't even be in the ball park of 185cm's. Havili is 175cm (a lot more believable than Fonua being 185) and this image shows Havili as a similar height to Mahe.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8401/8681 ... e445_z.jpg
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

those heights are off the storm website
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm website isn't very accurate I've realised.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm a big Fonua fan... but there is no way in the world he is 185cm tall. I know it says that on the Storm website (and Wikipedia too) but he would be luckly to be 175cm.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm absolutely flabbergasted if Mahe is over 6 foot!!!!

He must be a Collingwood 6 footer from the old days...