Garbutt to Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw it on an article off a twitter link which surprised me. I don't see it happening but I'd be pretty dissapointed if it's true. Not to mention Robinson is hardly an upgrade.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he's a downgrade, i hope it's not true
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

bula wrote:Saw it on an article off a twitter link which surprised me. I don't see it happening but I'd be pretty dissapointed if it's true. Not to mention Robinson is hardly an upgrade.
Thanks bula
Sad thing is in seasons past most rumours about player transfers etc were never true but this season has me worried about the rumours of transfer etc our squad and depth is gonna be tested more then in recent years.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The reason listed for Robinson was cover for Billy playing origin. Honestly I don't see Billy playing more than next year in Origin so imo no point in a short term fullback or Origin cover.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw that rumour too...

Cover for Slater is a ridiculous reason. Munster has been playing well and needs first grade opportunities to really progress.

Waqa just needs to get himself right physically as a priority. If that means surgery, do it now. His form and confidence are way down but it's hard to fix them if there are niggling injuries.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This better not be true, Waqa can leave if he can get a longer contract but not in a swap for Robinson who has gone out of his way the past year to avoid contact with opposing players he like a worse Duffie. The only he ever looked good was a run he had at fullback.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM MAN wrote:
bula wrote:Saw it on an article off a twitter link which surprised me. I don't see it happening but I'd be pretty dissapointed if it's true. Not to mention Robinson is hardly an upgrade.
Thanks bula
Sad thing is in seasons past most rumours about player transfers etc were never true but this season has me worried about the rumours of transfer etc our squad and depth is gonna be tested more then in recent years.
Is it just me...or does this whole rumour sound absolutely ridiculous.

Cover for Billy at FB...give me a break.

This would have been done 7 years ago if the Club thought it was necessary.

Just people with too much time on their hands...and oh yeah...a mobile phone and a twitter account as well
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2 words, mann and munster, no nee for more cover!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad to see Mitch go. Don't think he got enough games in first grade down here. Hopefully he goes well at the Broncos. I went to a couple of members' events two years ago that were a couple of months apart. At the first event I had a good chat with Mitch and told him my occupation. When I caught him at the next event he remembered my occupation.

Reece Robinson coming down here makes sense in the terms that Travis and Latrell are down here. However, it should never be at the expense of Sisa Waqa. Yes Waqa's form has been down this year (despite him being our leading try scorer) and I think a lot of it has to do with his lack of fitness / injury. Sisa Waqa is a cult hero at the Storm and don't forget that his defence was one of the main reasons we won the 2012 premiership.

If we need cover at full back for Billy we have Munster and Mann who are our future or if they are unavailable Justin or Sisa could play there.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/conten ... ijian.html

Sisa and Glasby leaving at the end of the year too. You were right bula. At this rate we are going to be struggling to have a full squad next season, let alone any depth. Hopefully we have players lined up already
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Such a shame RE Sisa... He has struggled a little bit this year but I had high hopes for him returning to form and forming a Fijian wing pairing with Korobiete (assuming we unfortunately aren't planning on O'Neill playing wing).

Best of luck to him at the Raiders, I hope he kills it.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

According to Zero Tackle, Melbourne has eight more players left unsigned. Here’s how I think they’ll end up:

Matt Duffie – Definitely shouldn’t be back and I’ll be shocked if the club decides to renew his contract. Way too injury prone and his last contract shouldn’t have been for so long. Don’t know what other club is going to want him now though after he was in such high demand back in 2011.

Mahe Fonua – Is currently playing like he wants a new contract. In career best form and I think he should have a permanent bench spot next year as he is wasted on the wing with his ball running strength. Should be signed up for the long term.

Ben Hampton – With the club signing Blake Green for five-eighth next year, we don’t need him and he hasn’t lived up to the expectation.

Hymel Hunt – After the betting incident this year, I seriously don’t think he’ll be offered another contract.

Felise Kaufusi – We need another big forward and I hope the club re-signs him.

Richard Kennar – Probably another player to leave.

Joel Romelo – Wasted recruit this year and has only played two games. Can’t see his contract renewed.

George Rose – Has probably become the worst recruit the club has ever bought. Didn’t want to be here during the pre-season and then wanted to leave after round 5. Complete FAIL. Good riddance George.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree with all of those mattstormy. Fonua should be locked up with us, definitely. I'd like to see Kennar retained as well. We are still light on centres.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given Hunt's betting indiscretion was so minor i really can't see the club not offering him a new deal after that, especially if they think he can have a big future for us. If they don't think he's come on as they'd like they might flick him but i can't see it being for placing a $5 bet.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sad to see Garbutt go......i was really impressed with what i saw of him in FG......and i showed pretty much everyone i know that's into league that clip of him hitting the ball up off the kickoff and just barging through everyone! (including bronco fans....) I deadset thought he was going to be a long term kinda guy - but i guess we now have the same problem in the front row that we've had in 1, 7 and 9 for the last decade+ No one is removing J-Brom from his spot.....and McLean may well make the other spot his own in the near future (i hope) Which only leaves a possible bench spot for other aspiring Storm props....So i get it (and money i guess?) Regardless, I hope he kills it there and plays regular first grade - i for one really want to see how he progresses!