Melbourne Storm implicated in betting scandal...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

100% agree. I also won't want to see one of our genuine "top liners" missing for 4 weeks in the lead-up to the finals...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:
Scooter wrote:King Howe the report also says he is a Storm topliner...
..If it's a Stormer....we'll never hear the end of it...
If it's a Stormer...then I will be relieved.... because I couldn't care less what happens to that South African Rugby Union franchise...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NRL Gossip says Storm player that joined the club this year is facing a fine. I think we can narrow the field to the Scum connection.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

News Ltd was talking about a four week ban for Storm player. There was more than one new player join the Storm this year.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:News Ltd was talking about a four week ban for Storm player. There was more than one new player join the Storm this year.
Yes Scooter there were, but when 2 Manly players have been named, there has to be a 3rd one lurking and my guess is one without a huge level of commitment.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:
Scooter wrote:News Ltd was talking about a four week ban for Storm player. There was more than one new player join the Storm this year.
Yes Scooter there were, but when 2 Manly players have been named, there has to be a 3rd one lurking and my guess is one without a huge level of commitment.
It’s also understood a player from Melbourne Storm, who joined the club at the beginning of the season, is facing a fine.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6983476755
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry Sisa my bad.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So it's down to 7 players who joined the club at the start of the year my guess it's rose

Romalo was tweeting on twitter chatting to other people and was happy and Ben Roberts was chatting to friend on IG today
Rose has disappeared and he blocked me on twitter so he is my guess
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the others to joint this year were hunt, kaufusi, robinson, walker, munster and koroibete - a grant total of one storm nrl game between them, so i think that rules them out of the title of 'topliner'
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just announced as being griffin and hunt
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Two Storm players suspended for two games: Hymel Hunt and Slade Griffin, Cody Nelson from Titans and Ethan Lowe from Cowboys also suspended for two games. All for betting on one game his club was involved in but in which he didn't play.

David Williams suspended for rest of season after placing multiple bets on games including several he was involved in.

12 other players, staff and officials who placed small, isolated bets on matches have been issued first and final warnings.

Who is our topliner?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Griffin I guess
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow. Surely they weren't trying to sensationalise the articles mentioning our involvement in this?! Hunt and/or Griffin may be asking for pay rises now that they're officially Storm "topliners". :roll:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Between them they haven't even played a game of first grade in 2014... Topliner my arse.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Between them they're barely in double figures for career appearances. Can Griffin serve his games immediately? If so, the punishment is moot since he's out all year anyway.