R18 - Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well now I'm completely confused Ben hamptons playing nsw cup
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Speed Beast unleashed tonight
Cooper in as well
McLean to lock ? Thats a new one.
Harris starts 2nd row
Hoffy moves to the bench
And the man possibly reported to sign with north Queensland gets anorher shot... hope that means he is staying
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Billy Slater
24. Marika Koroibete
3. William Chambers
4. Kurt Mann
5. Mahe Fonua
21. Cooper Cronk
7. Ben Roberts
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
15. Tohu Harris
17. Jordan McLean

Interchange
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
12. Ryan Hoffman
16. Junior Moors
18. Tim Glasby
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Moors has been impressive in his few games. Really dissapointed we let him go.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I am listening to it on ABC Grandstand
Wish I was there.
Got it taped thou
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Close game. MK has had a shaky start. Beside a great tackle to force a line drop out.

Why on earth did Slater kick on tackle 2 when we had a full set on their line!??

The Bulldogs are getting an absolute eternity in tackles. They might as well have a nap there... Refs allowing it.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Smith electing to kick? What the?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Smith electing to kick? What the?
Horrible decision... He missed the conversion which was 50% closer and on his good side. Absolutely 100% should have tapped.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible decisions made by our leaders tonight, and don't get me started on the refs allowing the Dogs to fall asleep on our players - one of the most frustrating games to watch this season.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Never raged watching a storm game like I did tonight, they made the wrong decision time after time, bombed atleast 5 tries, its the same problem we have had all year, Mr conservative forbids any sort of razzle dazzle, when we beat Parra we did so wIth offloads at the line, forwards working in tandem, and running straight lines, we did the complete opposite tonight and got what we deserved, CB YOUR GAMEPLAN DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE, LET THE GUYS PLAY!!!

A game we should have won, and unfortunately if we were serious contenders we would have, its almost time to put the red line through 2014 I think.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater bombed what should have been a simple match winner. Draw the fullback and pass to Cronk. I don't know whether he wanted the try himself or what but that should not happen, especially when it is those two. Cronk would have been furious (and deservedly so).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Classic Roberts game. Glad he's gone at the end of the season.
So many changes blown. Considering who we have in our team we seem to panic more often than not. Smith choosing to kick for goal was a terrible decision. He's not a good enough kicker to do that.

Going to be hard to bounce back from this game.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not too dissapointed with tonight's game. We defended well and attack wasn't great but I put that down to the dogs and a wet track.
We got beat plain and simple.
MK did well I thought. Good Impact in the tackle which I expected but not enough ball to our left.
Roberts had a mixed night but he made a couple breaks and looked good just running the ball. Wish Cronk would've gone left more to Mann and Koroibete.

Don't lose faith guys we got beat tonight. A few bad decisions but a step in the right direction overall.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few what the...? moments
- Billy kicking on second tackle when attacking line in first half.
- Cam choosing to have a shot at penalty from sideline on bad side after missing one from half way between sideline and posts in first half. Wasted time and turned the ball over. When he was lining up the best case scenario I could think of was the Storm gathering a ricochet from upright for a try. He must have thought he was Halligan or El Masri for a minute.
- Billy running away from Cooper when he made a break instead of drawing fullback and passing.
- Roberts putting in a kick with 30 seconds left wasting two tackles.
- Cam put through a grubber from about 40 metres straight to Brown with no one near him.

Our defence was much improved, the Bulldogs defence was very good too, particularly their scramble defence.

I thought Norrie played quite well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I also love Moors, a couple of great passes at the line before half time were awesome and earnt us plenty of metres.

No sooner did he do that and he seemed to get taken off (maybe because we had no ball at start of second half). Shame Craig didn't work out his value until he had left.

* P.S.: Thanks Sallymay for the follow on Twitter.