Rd 16 v St George Illawarra Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As has already been discussed at length, Sisa had a night to forget… 3 errors, out of position on kicks, out of position in defence a number of times, 1 dangerous offload, 8 tackles, 6 missed tackles. He rarely hits the line with any speed/force anymore. Fingers crossed he can bounce back. He needs to after that.

Mann and Fonua were not comfortable all night and I’m surprised the Dragons didn’t go there more often. Mann would come up and in, Mahe would slide. Or they would both slide inside our 10m and the Dragons had enough momentum to get over the sideways defence. 5 missed tackles between them but that stat doesn’t account for the dodgy reads that were happening all night.

To Mahe’s credit though, he did not stop putting in the hard yards coming out of our own end. Put his hand up all night (20 Runs) and made the typical barnstorming runs/quick play the balls that he does so well. 177 metres (game high) and 2 offloads… If he could fix his defence, he would be an amazing prospect.

59 tackles to Cam Smith. Workhorse… Slater was very good. Safe under the high ball in horrendous wind (why the hell didn’t we take advantage of this!!!???) and the move he put on to send Will Chambers through was excellent.

We were out-enthused (again) and just didn’t contain them well. Sloppy tackling, not wrapping up the ball carrier, giving their outside men space and far too many simple errors. With the exception of a few set plays, our last tackle options were back to rubbish. We put no pressure on with our kicks and did not have players running in putting pressure on catchers.

Frustrating game to watch.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:
toffee wrote:I was wondering how long it would take before some people came on here defending the inexcusable! It seems that as storm fans we aren't allowed to criticise anyone in purple..
Yes but some people go too far...not you just some fans
And IMO some Storm fans refuse to accept any criticism of a players poor performance (clearly evident over social media). An articulate, fact based critique should not be shouted down with, "you're not a real fan". That is moronic.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just to balance it out a bit :D . Hampton was targeted big time last night by St George's left edge (mainly Joel Thompson) and held his own better than he has all season. Made 30+ tackles and didn't miss many, his first contact was better. Good signs that he's now starting to handle himself better defensively. I know people have questioned his defence the majority of the season. He also ran the ball last night more than he has all season, looked dangerous at times as well and it's nice to see him do it more as it's one of his current strengths. Him playing games now is only a good thing. Same thing for any young player.

I'm good with criticising him btw, have done it numerous times on twitter this season. I just think the constant hate he's received all year after every loss is way over the top at times.
I may be a pro Hampton guy, but I've also been a big fan of how Roberts has performed this year for us. Outside of the Cowboys game he's been a really nice surprising addition for us. So kudos for you guys who thought Bellamy would "fix" him.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Okay the team I'd run with after the bye is as follows - any feedback or suggestions to improve the team are welcomed.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa/Justin O'Neill (when he's fit)
3. William Chambers
4. Kurt Mann
5. Marika Korobete
6. Ben Roberts
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jordan McLean
11. Tohu Harris
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Junior Moors
17. Bryan Norrie
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How about the team Vs the bye

Cam Munster
Suli vunivalu
Hymal Hunt
Kurt Mann
Young Tonamapia
Cody Walker
Ben Roberts
Jesse Bromwich
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Tohu Harris
George Rose
Christian Welch
Kevin Proctor
Ben Hampton
Kenny Bromwich
Junior Moors
Jordan McLean

Would we win
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Two weeks in a row we've been hit with a big cutout pass to an unmarked winger. Norman to Radradra and Widdop to NFI but it's alarming especially on our strong side..
Defense needs work and just isn't good enough.
I don't wanna be too critical we're all comparing this team to previous performances and a lot has changed since.
I hope we turn it around and I think we'll be in the finals and give it a shake if not win it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waqa needs to go for the surgery, he's not right and it shows. i don't know if he put it off because of all the other injuries but, he needs to get it fixed or he simply won't be able to get back to being the player we all know he really is.