Rd 15 vs Parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Injuries have hindered him considerably but I do agree that he should've received a few more shots.
cayal
Squall
Squall

My first attended game this year (after being O/S for 10 months). A good game to see first up but damn our defense in the last 5- 10 minutes is almost guaranteed to give up a try.
No idea why it happens then, but it does.

Slater played a blinder, not only his tries but those assists.

Sandow is rich asking how much we paid off the refs.

Hopefully we can now move past our rough patch and find some form. Especially good to see we gained some points in the differential.

Hayne was surely still drunk from Origin, he had a shocker.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really like Junior Moors and he played well today. His offloads were awesome. Shame he is leaving.

That was Hinchy's best game for a while. I thought Hampton was solid the run to set up one of Billy's tries and a bomb which set up another try.

Roberts looked good again today. Billy was sensational. Great to see Jordan score a try.

Kurt played another good game. Not only did he score twice but he made a number of big tackles particularly on Hayne.
cayal
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:Not only did he score twice but he made a number of big tackles particularly on Hayne.
He was impressive against Hayne, especially with the size difference.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ben Roberts again very good and can't think of a blunder from him.
Really wish our left side defense would move up and shut down defenders like our right who were shaky too tbh.
McLean should start every game and and Hinchcliffe was a star today.
Great win and without Cronk is very impressive and gives us fans so much more hope.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best game all year...billy wow
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sisa saved a couple of certain tries in 2nd half, really helped us hang on, if he'd held onto one of those balls though he could've gone the length of the field untouched.

billy was back!

mann is gonna be something special.

jesse is an absolute beast.

hinchy was at his absolute zippy best today.

roberts seems to have found a new lease on life this season.

harris is a workhorse who can occasionally produce something spectacular on top of it.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And although Norrie is a try scoring freak, the move to the bench, hopefully might be the start of the move out of first grade.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that tohu harris is only 22. Such an old head on young shoulders. Great game by him and the rest of the forwards.

More games like this and the Hampton haters will all but have vanished. The Roberts haters are almost gone from the off/pre-season

Young T and Mann combination looked very sharp today! I hope CB can create a decent combination with these guys from early days.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Think we should Resign B Roberts now
Other clubs will be clawing for a reserve half like him.
Really believe this guy could be the real deal if he stays with us.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I echo STORMMAN. If we don't retain Roberts I reckon it'll be a huge mistake. He's superb defensively for a half, has a good kicking game, especially short kicking, is strong in the running department (this has always been his forte) and his decision making is only going to get better the more he's associated with three of the best football brains in the game.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, Tohu HAS to start EVERY game. This is an absolute MUST. Every time he starts, we look TENFOLD better.

I suppose Proctor will have to drop to the bench.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I've been saying since we signed him that Roberts would thrive in Melbourne ;)

In all seriousness though it's great to see him playing well and starting to silence his critics. The judgement he gets from playing in a team that was as bad as Parra is vitriolic to say the least. Definitely agree he should be re-signed, at the very least as depth. I know some one said the Roosters were chasing him but given that he really looks like he's starting to enjoy himself I'm sure if we put out a reasonable offer he'd stay.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm - Surely not. I thought I was the only one saying any positive things about Benny before the season? ;)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have said from the beginning that we shouldn`t be so hard on Ben Roberts. he came from crappamatta under ricky(I could kill any players ability)stuart. Under Craig (I can make anyone a better player) Bellamy he has found out what it is like to be coached properly and learn how to utilize his skills well. Ben is looking more confident and comfortable every game with knowing he can count on his fellow team mates instead of the headless team mates he used to play with at crappamatta.(due to stuart)
This season doesntmatta has been playing with some purpose now that they have a coach who is interested and knows what he is doing. Poor raiders they are fast becoming the new cellar dwellars cos of stuart.

Good luck for the rest of the season Benny.