Round 13 - Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Rorters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've seen many a complaint over the ground announcers performance and just as many groans about Storm D. The "I Love My Melbourne Storm" Facebook page made a status yesterday regarding how off putting and irritating Storm D is which received a fair bit of support so hopefully the club takes notice and removes it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My mate and I were a bit bemused by how often he mentioned the kicker for the Roosters NYC team was 'the cyaptain' (not a typo - that's how he pronounced it), just sad really.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched the replay today. During the game when Mann was running back for the tap on the 20 and the Roosters player gabbed him and pulled him back, "the best ref in the game', Hayne was right next to it when it happened and did nothing. He did not even put the whistle to his mouth and think about giving us a penalty. It was the ref 25 metres down the field that blew the penalty. I was so mad when I saw that I screamed. If that was a Storm player that did that Hayne would have given them the penalty and seven more tackles.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It should have been a sin binning for a professional foul, there could have been no other intent!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I also agree with that, but the fact is he was right there, saw it happen and did nothing. Meant to the best ref.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he is a biased cheat and always has been. i have never rated him as a ref and i've always been dumbfounded that anybody has!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

well said
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't wait for Brodie to come back from holiday..
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:Our ground announcer this week was so bad it was embarrassing. It wasn't the usual guy - the guy who fills in from time to time. He's too loud, too monotonous and puts a weird emphasis on everything he says. Not only that, he mispronounces players' names. Usually I can deal with Storm D but this week was just awful. He was still carrying on and encouraging people to "clap their hands" after Sonny Bill Williams crossed for a try - is he even watching the game?
Absolutely no reason for the ground announcer to speak at all when play is going on. Save it for the breaks in play.
Storm D is the worst thing that this club has ever done, to the point that it is keeping me away from games.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In the post match press conference, Smithy and Bellamy called into question the teams attitude in defence. Very hard to argue with that... We missed 52 tackles. FIFTY TWO!!! I cannot remember a Storm team missing that many tackles.

Fonua and Hampton missed 7 each.
Tonumaipea missed 5.
Chambers, Hoffman and Roberts missed 4 each.
Mann, Waqa and Rose missed 3 each.

First contact was p*ss poor all game and the Roosters forwards completely and utterly dominated us. Our forwards were constantly stopped for 5m runs and did not seem interested in taking on the Roosters pack in a battle for the ruck.

Jesse B, Hoffy and Proc tried hard
JB - 55 Mins - 16 Runs - 128m - 2 Offloads
RH - 80 Mins - 16 Runs - 126m
KP - 73 Mins - 7 Runs - 97m

Others not so much
BN - 48 Mins - 7 Runs - 37m
GR - 27 Mins - 6 Runs - 34m

We also conceded 11 line breaks...

We are missing our two best attacking weapons but that is no excuse for brittle defence and a poor attitude. The Craig Bellamy years at the Storm are built on hard work and never taking the cheap, easy option. At the moment the guys are going through the motions with no passion or intensity.

We need our boys to fight their way out of the rut. Hard running, desperation in defence, getting off the defensive line and winning the ruck battle...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I do not know if this means anything regards to our forwards being constantly stopped. But someone pointed out to me during the match that the Roosters markers are never square the second marker stands just a little to the left/right of the first marker, but they always have an arm stretched out touching the back of the first marker. So it give the impression that they are square. We sit one end of Aami Park so when looking at the play of the ball from behind/in front you can actually see that they were never square. Watch the replay and you can see it happen. I wonder if this is a normal Roosters game plan and they have been doing it for a while. I bet if Storm were doing it the media would have called for it to be banned.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:I do not know if this means anything regards to our forwards being constantly stopped. But someone pointed out to me during the match that the Roosters markers are never square the second marker stands just a little to the left/right of the first marker, but they always have an arm stretched out touching the back of the first marker. So it give the impression that they are square. We sit one end of Aami Park so when looking at the play of the ball from behind/in front you can actually see that they were never square. Watch the replay and you can see it happen. I wonder if this is a normal Roosters game plan and they have been doing it for a while. I bet if Storm were doing it the media would have called for it to be banned.
omg....you have to email this to Stathi Paxinos at Real Footy for him to make an issue of it...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time