Round 13 - Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Rorters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Your mail looking good as usual Sallymay
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See I told ya...guess we will have to wait and find out for sure but looks like I might be
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

at the very least they'll all be in Melbourne warming up
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like my second prediction has come true...Cameron muster apparently just stepped of the plane in Rockhampton to play with easts playing his old club...his old club making it a big deal on twitter

So Kurt will be Fullback and Mahe will play
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote:Looks like my second prediction has come true...Cameron muster apparently just stepped of the plane in Rockhampton to play with easts playing his old club...his old club making it a big deal on twitter

So Kurt will be Fullback and Mahe will play
Any chance Ben Hampton comes in to fullback and leave the halves as named?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Makes sense to me. Give a player one game, in which he did not do a bad job and then not play him. But we stick with the same players in the halves who do nothing. Why bother playing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Makes sense to me. Give a player one game, in which he did not do a bad job and then not play him. But we stick with the same players in the halves who do nothing. Why bother playing.
Spot on.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As Sallymay spied during the week Hampton and Fonua in for Munster and Moors. Hampton and Smith starting halves with Roberts and Harris on bench.Kenny starting too.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ben Hampton is useless. Don't re-sign him Melbourne.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kurt Mann, is a future superstar. Hampton, well the least said about him the better.
Love watching Roberts prove a number of people wrong too.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good tough showing by the boys today, never gave up, just outclassed. Mann best on field, looks a gem especially in the 1 jersey. Mahe and Hoffy also strong today. Hampton was extremely poor and i dont think he is the answer long term, Chambers Waqa & Young were all average, A+ for effort today though by all the boys, the sooner Cronk & Bill come back the better.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote:Good tough showing by the boys today, never gave up, just outclassed. Mann best on field, looks a gem especially in the 1 jersey. Mahe and Hoffy also strong today. Hampton was extremely poor and i dont think he is the answer long term, Chambers Waqa & Young were all average, A+ for effort today though by all the boys, the sooner Cronk & Bill come back the better.
Definitely not. He's yet to show anything of substance in first grade and his fundamentals are weak. Should turn either Munster or Mann into a five-eight as they both obviously can't play at the back.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it's easy singling players out after losses. Specially when you don't like the player. He needs to improve on a few things, and with experience you'd hope he gets better. Just have to have patience with that.

And for anyone that calls out his defence, I'd like to know what current halves you think wouldn't have been bumped off by Jennings going in another direction and then a big front rower running at them from 5m out ? Hampton is a solid defender.

On to the rest of the team. No point in swapping and changing things. Thought it was odd Roberts started off the bench. He gave a nice spark when he came on and I thought the team looked better with Smith back at hooker and with the two Ben's in the halves. Mann was easily the highlight of the game. Kid seems to really get the nrl and doesn't look out of place.

Keep putting faith into our young players for the rest of the season and I'll be happy.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I don't think blaming Hampton for that loss is reasonable. He wasn't great, but went ok behind a badly beaten pack.
If the forwards had played in the first half like they did in the second then we were half a chance.

The big problem though was defence. They list Storm as having 41 missed tackles - I reckon they undercounted.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Roberts seem to still be able to play well behind a 'well beaten' pack. If Hampton reads the papers he'll know that we have been linked with numerous five-eights so he should be aware of the need to perform. You'd expect a player fighting to be re-signed would put in a better effort than what he did this afternoon.

I would love to be eating my words regarding Hampton but he's not making me do so. His attack is too sideways and his kicking game was not adequate for a five-eight.