Round 13 - Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Rorters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Smith was the half back in the first half and did sweet fa. Hampton played alot of half back in 2nd half and did better than Smith. Our problem all year is our defence is shit. Our back 3 need to know how to catch a ball. We need to recruit players that can or we will stay shit. Wasted too much money on an ageing big 3 and no money left for decent backs. But it's hard to criticize a team that has given us so much joy over the last 8 years, all good things must come to an end one day. Hopefully Bellamy has some tricks up his sleeve to make us a challenger again.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feliese Kafusi had a man of the match preformance today for the tigers he should get a game in the firsts so should travis Robinson
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

travis robinson should not be anywhere near our nrl side on current form, he drops the ball and goes nowhere, we have that side of things covered without his help
Kya
Squall
Squall

Hey, does anyone know how much longer Juzzy is out for??
This has been our worst year for injuries and unfortunately we don't have the depth to cover. I do feel for Sisa though. I think had Duffie and Juzzy been available, they would have let him have surgery on that ankle, he is struggling but at least he is out there trying.

Maybe bring in Mclean or Kafausi for Garbutt, I don't think Weston has offered much and I'd rather we use this year to develop and get the game time into some younger guys.
On the positive, Mann was impressive and I think K Bromwich gets better every game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i suspect that we'll hear weston has hurt himself too
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Watched the tigers game on tv and I was impressed with kafusi. Seen alot of Mclean both seem to offer more then Norrie. I think Mr B needs to make some tough decisions now. Use this year as development.
Agree about defence a weakness which is surprising for the storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM MAN did Cody play for east tigers today?
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Sorry late reply sallymay
No he didn't.
But number seven for east played well., Can't remember his name. Also Munster was good at fullback. He was targeted abit and handled it ok. I think he just needs to add abit of bulk. But after watching Mann play fullback for the storm today I think he is first choice.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 suggested in your team that Rose won't play I can't see that happening.

Assuming Cam, Hoffy and Will are all picked we will need to make 4 changes

My predictions :
In: Jordan McLean, Tim Glasby, Felise Kaufusi, Hymel Hunt/Travis Robinson.

McLean had a solid first game back. Glasby had a wow of a game last week for Easts. Does anyone know how long we have Tim contracted for? Kaufusi is our future. I was impressed with Hunt last week but not overly impressed the previous time I saw him play. Robinson seems to drop of the tackle when he first makes contact.

Although if you use the Cowboys game as a guide Munster and Moors might come in with Mann back at centre.

Mattpoet I think you are right re Weston. He seemed to injure his neck so that could be long term. While he hasn't done a lot in NRL he had a wow of a first 15 minutes for Sharks on Saturday.

Part of me wants Norrie suspended for punching. Is that bad? I know he won't. I don't think he should have been sinbinned. I wish we had let him go to Super League this year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glasby's contract is up at the end of the year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we should re-sign Glasby.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter - Rose has been up to nothing. Personally, I don't think he's been performing well enough to retain his position.

Either Rose or Norrie need to be dropped and taking into consideration Bellamy's man crush for Norrie it's unlikely to be him. McLean, Kafausi and and the Bromwich brothers all need to be in our 17.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 you have a point but I can't see Craig making 5 changes. I would drop Norrie before Rose but unfortunately can't see Craig doing that.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our ground announcer this week was so bad it was embarrassing. It wasn't the usual guy - the guy who fills in from time to time. He's too loud, too monotonous and puts a weird emphasis on everything he says. Not only that, he mispronounces players' names. Usually I can deal with Storm D but this week was just awful. He was still carrying on and encouraging people to "clap their hands" after Sonny Bill Williams crossed for a try - is he even watching the game?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jesse & Kenny Brom Witch was particularly annoying and should have been embarrassing for the club.