State of Origin Game 1

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Queensland team named.

1. Billy Slater 2. Darius Boyd 3. Greg Inglis 4. Justin Hodges 5. Brent Tate 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matthew Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nate Myles 18. Chris McQueen 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
14. Daly Cherry-Evans 15. Ben Te'o 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Josh Papalii 19. Will Chambers 20. Jake Friend

Usual suspects in the starting side. Congratulations to Will Chambers for being named on the extended bench, hopefully he will get a run this year. Also congratulations to former Storm NYC player Aidan Guerra. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is our first NYC player to play Origin?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whilst the Origin period typically decimated us, hopefully Will being in and around the Origin team gives him a boost in confidence and he is able to bring that back to club level. His start to 2014 has been down on his lofty standards of 2012/13, where he was regularly one of our best.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The sooner it's over the better IMO. It's bad enough the toll it takes on our boys physically so let's hope they get through unscathed injury wise. I don't think anyone needs reminding of what happened to Bill in Origin in 2012, picked up a knee that will have to be managed/nursed for the rest of his career.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not that I've ever trusted anything Buzz Rothfield has written, but he's tweeted Hoff's in the Blues side.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's all we need
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Queensland team named.

1. Billy Slater 2. Darius Boyd 3. Greg Inglis 4. Justin Hodges 5. Brent Tate 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matthew Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nate Myles 18. Chris McQueen 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
14. Daly Cherry-Evans 15. Ben Te'o 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Josh Papalii 19. Will Chambers 20. Jake Friend

Usual suspects in the starting side. Congratulations to Will Chambers for being named on the extended bench, hopefully he will get a run this year. Also congratulations to former Storm NYC player Aidan Guerra. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is our first NYC player to play Origin?
He will be the first. O'Neill was picked in an extended squad last year and both Tolman and Rochow have played city-country.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just heard Frank Ponissi on SEN and he all but confirmed Hoffy is in.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Coops is in a bad way, lets just hope for the best. F*%K Origin!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep, screw Origin.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just to reiterate.....FvCK origin!!!!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hate origin.. :bootyshake: .Can`t believe we have lost COOPS. :( :(
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

don`t have any confidence in dce to be able to do as good a job as COOPS
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I honestly don't even care about the result now......Cooper is out...he'll probably lose his spot to that long necked manly grub from this point on - could be a good thing for us...just not until next year. More to the point we're fairly well gone for this year.....it'd take one almighty effort for us to win a premiership without Cooper - can't see him playing again this year...
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:don`t have any confidence in dce to be able to do as good a job as COOPS

He'll be caught out as the fraud he is........Cooper was held back too long because of locky/JT.....but at least those guys were as good as (arguably better than) Cooper.....deadset - he's the last guy we would want to get injured. My nightmare is coming to life....

Oh well.....go the Socceroos??
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What happened to Coops,how did he get the injury?
dce hasn`t done anything since he came on. he rushes everything....

will mongrel Reynolds get any weeks for the cartwheel throw on Tate?