State of Origin Game 1

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

moanly can have crab cherry evans. he runs across the field and makes 2 metres, passes to someone in a worse position than he is and never earnt the team any goal line drop outs. Coops would have had the nsw team camped on their goal line for the last 20 mins or put in a kick for the match winning try. the momentum (and my excitement) went out of the game 10 minutes into 1st half.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:the momentum (and my excitement) went out of the game 10 minutes into 1st half.
I know that feel...
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Reynolds has copped 2 weeks with an early plea. Apparently that keeps him out of Origin 2.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Turtle188 wrote:Reynolds has copped 2 weeks with an early plea. Didn't take them long to calculate what would make him available for Origin 2.
:lol:

But really?

Don't know what's more shocking....them charging him so soon....or the fact he was charged at all.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well... That couldn't have gone much worse from a Storm perspective.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

King Howe, Reynolds and Scott flipped Tate over so much that he almost landed on his feet. You say there is momentum in the tackle. There is momentum in every tackle. So if we used your argument no one would get charged.

Charges from Origin always come out the night of / morning after. I would think Reynolds guilty plea would come quicker than the charge.

IMHO Reynolds is very lucky to only get two weeks.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Already said I wasn't here to argue the point....I suppose the fact he's getting charged/suspended means I'm wrong anyway. My argument was he wasn't lifted (I thought that was the rule?) He definitely went beyond the horizontal. ... and of course there is momentum in every tackle - that was hardly the basis for my argument. ... it was more about physics. Anyway I really don't care if he's suspended or not so it's a moot point.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a surprise(NOT)...Reynolds got his grading downgraded and is free to play this w/e and origin 2.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:What a surprise(NOT)...Reynolds got his grading downgraded and is free to play this w/e and origin 2.
Original report said 1 week, but Triple M via Twitter saying 93 carryover points means 0 weeks.
This scenario changes week to week and is a bloody joke. Beau Scott will be shirty taking the early plea now. Ha!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even as a NSW fan I'm shocked he got only 1 week. Judiciary is a joke!
Apparently his lawyer showed previous/similar tackles that were graded lower but tackles that were Before the crackdown on these sort of tackles. Wtf!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Clearly the NRL forgot to inform the judiciary panel members that they were suppose to be taking a tougher stance on lifting tackles.