State of Origin Game 1

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy needs to let Walker and Hampton run the show in the halves now.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many weeks does Josh Reynolds get for that tackle on Tate? One of the worse I've seen. Should get 9 or 10 weeks. But I bet you he doesn't.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There was nothing in that tackle imo.....he's still a grub...but yeah, nothing in it - what about the double movement by Hayne? That's no try for sure!

But yeah, Gordy got it right.....not in as many words but....Qld have been useless since Cooper went off - no coincidence and no surprise there....NSW will win this game, and they will win the series - heard it here first!

Just saw the footage.....did Hoffy break Coopz arm?!?!?! Damn you Hoffy!!!!!

edit***just to add re: reynolds tackle.....he didn't even lift him....that was entirely momentum....how is that the worst anything??
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:How many weeks does Josh Reynolds get for that tackle on Tate? One of the worse I've seen. Should get 9 or 10 weeks. But I bet you he doesn't.
T rex did almost the same thing a few years ago and got sent off and then got 8 weeks. How Reynolds didn't at least get binned I'll never know.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Again...all momentum...the bloke over the top carried the attacker the rest of the way.....i don't even like reynolds but that's hardly punishable.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHowe you obviously saw a different tackle to me. You are not allowed to lift someone above horizontal. Yes there may have been momentum and Beau Scott can take part of the blame. But that should be a lengthy suspension every day of the week.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He lifted re adjust your TV or put your glasses on.
cayal
Squall
Squall

Great, now Smith is lame.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And season over.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Saw the front on replay at full speed....he did not lift him - he hit hard and low...the attacker was bumped into the air...then whatever font rower it was over the top tipped him the rest of the way.......anyway, i'm not really here to defend some bulldogs player (let alone a nsw one..) happy to agree to disagree - though i will say this, he will get no penalty, probably won't even be referred to the judiciary.

**edit @ blazza - season was over at about the 10th minute...
cayal
Squall
Squall

This is the first League game I've watched this year. Boy Billy does look noticeably slower.
cayal
Squall
Squall

You've got to be fkn kidding me. Now Slater??
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

cayal wrote:You've got to be fkn kidding me. Now Slater??
and they said the contact was ok , he hit him 5 mins after he passed the ball
cayal
Squall
Squall

Definitely need to rest the remaining big 2 for this week.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That was the most painful origin game to watch for a long time......mainly due to Cooper....but Cam copped a knock (says he's OK though...) Billy looks hurt....Nothing good came out of that for us.....

JT choked all game....DCE was a passenger - a costly one, as his kicking game was awful....I never rated the guy, and he just proved my thoughts about him being painfully average - even Myles seemed like he's past origin (or origin is past him...) Didn't think Qld would miss Thaiday....i think that'd be true if Cooper wasn't injured early..but he would've been handy to have that's for sure.