Is Sisa wasted on the wing?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hear me out here. I am not suggesting he should be moved away from the wing defensively or even in our defensive half. What I mean by this question is that his ball playing ability is above the standard of your average winger/centre and I wonder whether we can use him better when we are attacking our own tryline.

Here are a few stats to back me up, bear in mind that he has spent the vast majority of his time on the edges where there is generally only the one passing option - to the centre inside him.

Games: 54 (Stats are inclusive of 2013 WCC as I have stats for that game)
Try Assists: 10
Line Break Assists: 9
Offloads: 58

By comparison, Ryan Hinchcliffe, who has spent enough time at hooker and is used as a ball playing lock at times has the following numbers which go to show that Waqa does an above average job as a ball distributor.

Games: 134 (Includes 2013 WCC but not 2010 as I have no stats for that game)
Try Assists: 2
Line Break Assists: 8
Offloads: 30

I dare say we could do more with him at times based on these numbers.
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Not having a go but why compare him to a player whose pretty much only job in the team is to tackle. How do his stats compare to the better wingers in the game?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He grew up playing five eighth so its no surprise he has skills a normal winger doesn't.
The only other place he could play is centre and possibly fullback.
I do think we could use him a bit more on inside balls near the line like we did season before last.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That Chambers/Waqa combo is developing in to a combination that is lethal a la Lyon/Williams for Manly. That flick pass from Chambers always seems to stick.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm4Life wrote:Not having a go but why compare him to a player whose pretty much only job in the team is to tackle. How do his stats compare to the better wingers in the game?
I haven't tracked wingers from other clubs but I can show you compared to our club's former wingers.

Marcus Bai
Games: 144
Try Assists: 14
Line Break Assists: 2 (Not sure when they started tracking this stat though - fairly sure it wasn't until at least 2000)
Offloads: 164

Matt Duffie
Games: 53
Try Assists: 4
Line Break Assists: 3
Offloads: 20

Matt Geyer - Not a fair comparison though due to him spending so much time at five eighth/centre/fullback/hooker
Games: 262
Try Assists: 46
Line Break Assists: 35
Offloads: 353

Justin O'Niell
Games: 67
Try Assists: 6
Line Break Assists: 5
Offloads: 26

Anthony Quinn
Games: 103
Try Assists: 4
Line Break Assists: 3
Offloads: 47

Steve Turner
Games: 105
Try Assists: 6
Line Break Assists: 7
Offloads: 15

Very interesting to know that he grew up playing 5/8 Bula, thanks for that, it explains a lot.