Round 10 - Melbourne v Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

News limited saying today that Walker tore his hamstring. So I guess he's out for awhile. Roberts still a week or two away. Mentions Mann could shuffle over to 5/8th.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/kurt-m ... 6913549340
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not gonna be ready for this week if Ben is out apparently
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy and Cam avoid suspension. Hampton will miss two weeks, three if he fights the charge (no chance they fight this one) and loses.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The nrl are taking a very hard stance on lifting tackles now. A shame for Ben and the team. Very interested in seeing what Bellamy does in replacing him. Hopefully Mann gets a crack in the 6 jersey.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:The nrl are taking a very hard stance on lifting tackles now.
Sort of... I would say, "The nrl are taking a very selective, non-consistent stance on lifting tackles now".
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha fair point.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

bird getting 4 weeks for lifting tackle, if he fights it he could get 6 weeks. he will miss origin 1& 2. When did Cammy get put on report?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:When did Cammy get put on report?
He didn't but the Match Review Committee charged him anyway.

A bit rough seeing as Cam was swatting at Ballin's arm for holding him. Must have been very glancing contact with the head (I did see Ballin's bloody nose).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kind of brings up a point I have always found stupid... Why put players on report if the MRC is going to disregard the referal/charge other items out of the game anyway. It is a redundant process.

Hayne made Billy walk/jog 40m on Saturday night just to say, "That's on report". Just stupid...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann had a good debut at centre. I'd prefer Romelo play at five-eighth. He hasn't got the best kicking game but Cooper does most of the kicking anyway. Romelo brings experience, enthusiasm and I like his running game. Leave Kurt at centre.

I don't know for certain but I assume Cam was charged for lashing out at Ballin when Ballin wouldn't let him up to play the ball.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Cam was put on report in the match review process after every NSW media outlet possible went to great lengths to point out that Ballin had blood on his face during this incident , nothing mentioned about Ballin holding Smiths shirt and stopping him playing the ball ( that is only a professional foul when you wear a purple jumper).

Honestly it's really just flat out disgusting the way NSW media report on anything Storm, all you hear is how undermanned Manly were and how lucky Cronk's kicks were, they really have no idea how to praise any side not based in NSW.

It really intrigues me that the NRL in conjunction with its broadcast partners have no motivation or clear direction of presenting some form of unbias and positive press but expect they are going to grow the game in markets outside NSW and QLD.

Though it was nice to see Bird charged considering how so many NSW commentators were saying he should get off completely or that it was only a 1 week ban. PLEASE
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cam's forearm wasn't the brightest thing I've ever seen. It didn't look good and I understand why the womanly players were upset. Not worth a suspension but I think Cam was fortunate not to draw a penalty.

The big shock of the week though was the N(sw)RL giving grade 1 charges to two Storm andQueensland players in the lead up to Origin which won't result in any suspension, and giving one of the Blues chief thugs and all around grub Bird a grade 3 which could see him miss 2 or even all 3 Origin matches. :oops:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

maybe Coops can send thug bird a tweet. :lol: :lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

brandy custard was up to his usual bias against Storm on Sat night. When Coops kicked it and Mann caught the ball and scored the MATCH WINNING TRY custard said it was a miss kick by Coops. He was nearly crying when stewart got caught in goal to force a goal line dropout. he said he got a bad bounce and he was very unlucky, no praise for Coopers great kick to make him play the ball.
all through the game there is never any praise from him for any good Storm plays but quick to celebrate any mistakes but yet for our opposition they are always unlucky if they make a mistake and rapturous praise when they do anything good or score a try. He never sees any thing wrong by oppositions players but he is quick to point out anything we do. When king pulled Billy down going for the ball custard said "nothing in that" but wanker smith said it should have been a penalty to Billy.

I think I might have mentioned before but I dislike brandy custard immensely and I wish he wouldn`t do our games.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So true STORMY, Brandy is getting more ridiculous every game. I loved the end when he was whinging about why Hayne called time on after siren. Then they showed the replay of kick going into touch. SILENCE. He is such a tool.