Round 10 - Melbourne v Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is probably going to be our toughest test of the season thus far. The boys I'm sure will still be hurting from them getting a helping hand in the finals last year against us so that should give them some added emotion.

Here's the team that should line-up against Souths, who're starting to get into their groove.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Kurt Mann
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Cameron Munster/Joel Romelo/Tohu Harris (Hampton is no doubt going to receive a suspension and Roberts & Walker are both injured)
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (C)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Tohu Harris (need to match Souths big boys up front so I'd be starting Tohu)

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Felise Kafusi (Weston added nothing last night and it looks like Garbutt has fallen out of favour or he's carrying an injury)
17. George Rose

If Bellyache is not too fond on blooding Munster this early and Walker isn't fit (haven't heard the prognosis on his injury) then Tohu may slot into five-eight where he did more than an admirable job for the Kiwis last week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hampton might be alright depending on the grading. He'll take the early guilty plea no doubt and may not miss a game. As for who would come in for him, wouldn't surprise me to see Roberts back early. If not it'll have to be Tohu.

Garbutt needs to come back in, Kenny needs more game time and we need to play some more off the cuff footy and turn their big forwards around.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What about Mann at 6? Looks like he could handle himself well in defence. Or as you said Tohu at 6 would go well too.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Centre has been a issue for us defensively so I wouldn't recommend Mann shifting from there for the time being.

We have quite a few options if Hampton is suspended, particularly if either of Roberts or Walker have recovered.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

doesnt hunt play 5/8? i would love to see him make his debut aswell. for christ sake i do not want to see us play a backrower in the halves even if he did it for NZ
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hunt's a centre/winger. Wouldn't mind him coming in and just moving Mann to 5/8th. The more youth that comes in now the better we'll be in the long run.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I always thought Mann was a 5/8 so bring back Mahe and add Mann in the 6
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't bring Mahe back yet. I'm one of his biggest fans but you don't learn how to tackle in a week playing NSW Cup. Mann did an awesome job defensively against a credible centre in Matai so don't move the kid from centre. I reckon that'd be a mistake.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly. Mahe's defensive decision making is not up to nrl standards.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann to 6 and Robinson in is a possibility. Kenny played 6 at times in NYC so is another possibility.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would go with

1 slater
2 waqa
3 chambers
4 Mann
5 young
6 Hampton/ Roberts/ walker don't mind who gets the start. But I would like to see what walker can do..
7 cronk
8 j Bromwich
9 smith
10 garbutt or Weston
11 proctor
12 hoffy
13 Harris
14 hinchy
15 k Bromwich
16 moors
17 rose

Norrie is HOPELESS!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I am sure Munster was very close to a start but got injured.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what is wrong with Munster
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure :S he played q cup today
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe madstorm meant Walker instead of Munster. How bad is Walker's injury? Does anyone know?