Round 10 - Melbourne v Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hysterically laughing at the Souths fans claiming the Storm are protected species. We weren't the ones who received a penalty because Hinchy's fingernail may have brushed Reynolds' leg.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storm_rhinos wrote: Dont think we had a passenger all night except Romelo who did stuff all.
Bit harsh given that he got injured...
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

and to think some people were calling for Billy Slater to be dropped a few weeks ago........ No idea...

He put on a clinic for GI...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outstanding performance! 20 off loads and they stuck!
I thought Norrie had a big game, where did that come from!
Billy Slater...still the one
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
bula wrote:Have a good feeling about this game
I hope you are right. We haven't played great all year. When we have won,the margins have been;

1, 1, 8, 4, 3 - Avg Margin - 3.4

I have no fingernails left. My throat is sore from screaming. My blood pressure must be through the roof.

A casual win by 40+ wouldn't go astray.
I think I'm scaring my neighbours!

And Bernard Sutton is a disgrace. Good to see common sense prevail on Billy's second try! Who exactly did Proctor impede any way?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Hysterically laughing at the Souths fans claiming the Storm are protected species. We weren't the ones who received a penalty because Hinchy's fingernail may have brushed Reynolds' leg.
or Inglis going unpunished for a blatant shoulder charge on Waqa as he was scoring.

souffs fans know stuff all about rugby league... and that penalty against Hinchy was laughable. Smith had plenty to say about it in the presser.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:How much money did those refs put on a souths win I wonder? That was atrocious, diabolical, borderline match fixing reffing!

Mind Boggling are some decisions tonight, did they not realise after the 1st 3 knock ons by G.Burgess that he cant hold it.
How about in the second half when Burgess was steam rolling, lost the ball in the tackle, it goes dead in goal and the ref orders a line drop out ruling that Melbourne played at the ball. Overturned on video review but the reffing last night was generally farcical!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And I'd rather two Bromwich brothers over those four Burgess grubs!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even though I thought South's would win I did suspect if we pressured the 6 & 7 they wouldn't be able to execute. And that's exactly how we played it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm happy to say that the training session I went to this week on Tuesday was amazing and our boys trained and played exactly the same way .... Beautiful
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:And I'd rather two Bromwich brothers over those four Burgess grubs!
Bromwich boys can play, the Burgess boys, could play if they stopped the dirty crap, I know which set I prefer and they wear purple.
Last edited by Mattpoet on Sat May 17, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Much, much better from Melbourne. Different to classical Melbourne, way more offloads and off the cuff footy.

I was very critical of Slater's early season form but he has been electric the last few weeks. Love seeing him back to his brilliant best.

If we can start like that each week, playing up tempo and fighting to get away quick play the balls, I will be much more confident for the rest of the year.

Quick tip for any team playing us... When tackled, just throw the ball away. It will be a penalty every time.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

20 offloads and still completed at 87%. Outstanding work boys!

A couple of close calls and obviously a few passes that shouldn't have been thrown but when you play that style of footy, you've gotta expect some turnovers.

I hope we keep it up.

Edit. It rarely get's a wrap, but well done as well to Smithy on the goal kicking. Perfect all night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu was all right at 5/8 too.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Attack looked much smoother all night without Hampton. I hope he doesn't play much more this season for us other than when the Big Three are missing. Either Tohu at five-eight, Roberts (if he plays super well in NSW CUP) or Cody Walker, who'll probably be given a chance after the bye with Hampton serving the second week of his suspension should fill that position.