Round 10 - Melbourne v Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

To all those storm fans on here who wrote off Slater. You do realise he had zero preseason. He has been good the last five games. Slowly getting match fitness back. Loved him destroying new Sydney media darling "I was stopping her from self harm" Inglis.
. Weston had another line bending performance. He must have photos of Craig's wife. Garbutt must replace him now.
. I am probably the only person on here who isn't sold on Kurt Mann. He missed a lot of tackles, as he he did last week. If he didn't score that try I'm sure people would have a different opinion. Mahe misses tackles too but he also makes a lot more meters.
. If we play this offloading busy passing game the rest of the year we will trouble every team. It was exciting watching us. Please keep this gameplan Craig.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I somewhat agree about Mann but I think last week people were impressed with his attitude rather than him dazzling everybody with skill. I agree, his first up contact is not what you want from a centre but I definitely don't think centre should be his long term position. Honestly I think Mahe has been hung out to dry. The vast majority of his missed tackles came from poor defence from his inside and in a lot of games he was making great metres out of dummy half.

I liked the idea of a 6 forward pack this week. Think it something that could work well for us against a lot of teams. We don't need a dominant ball playing 5/8 at the moment
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree, we have plenty of ball playing out there with Billy, Sisa, Cooper, Cam, Jesse, Tohu, Hinchy, KP and Kenny.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:I am probably the only person on here who isn't sold on Kurt Mann. He missed a lot of tackles, as he he did last week. If he didn't score that try I'm sure people would have a different opinion. Mahe misses tackles too but he also makes a lot more meters..
Mann's defence wasn't too bad last night. Stats say he only missed 3-4 tackles. 1 was Inglis just bulldozing over him off a kick return and another where he let Walker get on the outside of him. Can't recall the other ones off the top of my head. I'd say for a player playing his second game he looks to know what he is doing defensively a lot better than Mahe has ever done. Not to mention Mann seems to have less errors in his game. Also people were talking up Mann all game, well before his try so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Don't mean anything bad by this - Mahe is a fun football player, Mann is a good football player.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:I liked the idea of a 6 forward pack this week. Think it something that could work well for us against a lot of teams. We don't need a dominant ball playing 5/8 at the moment
Our 5/8th position hasn't been used as a dominate ball playing half all season. Tohu was good last night, but when linking up with our left edge he was too sideways and gave Hoffman/Mann little room to do anything.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mann fell off a few tackles on Inglis, but who hasn't. Seriously, he's doing a perfect job complimenting the the rest of our backline who are naturally attacking players with his more conservative nature. I thought he was once again good last night - it's always difficult backing up a super debut where you make two vital plays that ends up winning us the game.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I do agree on Weston, however. McLean's only got one more game to serve anyway but I'd give Felise Kaufusi or Mitch Garbutt another shot over Weston before Jordy returns.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

All I want to add. .. on top of it being an awesome performance by everyone (gotta feel for romelo... maybe burn the number 6 this year? Just wear 18 from now on!) But I was especially happy with the work under the high ball. .. they never looked in danger - which is way more than can be said for most games this year.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah I just remembered he wasn't wearing 6..... but my point still stands :)
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm positive Romelo would've been wearing 6 on his back.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He had 6 on his back, he just started from the bench is all.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well then. ... ignore my other post. .. the first one was on the money :) that jersey needs to go for the rest of the year!
storm77
Squall
Squall

I AM SORRY BILLY. We're good right........ :-* ........Really sorry.
Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.Really sorry.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

BILLY gave gi a lesson on how a fullback plays. the Sydney media can say gi is the best fullback but gi says that Billy is the best and he should be full back ahead of anyone. Last night gi could only WATCH & LEARN off BILLY.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just watched the replay as I was keen to see it again. A few quick thoughts;

Mann, like last week, did an admirable job but had a number of misses and a few more poor decisions.

The first Souths try was after Mann was sucked in creating the two on one overlap with Tonimaipea. He also can be chalked up for Souths third try after Walker got outside him (one of a number of times), had too much pace for Mann and sent his winger over... Walker is lightning quick and Mann did well to wrap him up on a number of other occasions.

Billy really was brilliant. Not just the line breaks but he was kick returning well (a rarity these days) and got in to dummy half/first receiver for a few relieving runs.

Tonumaipea's effort was HUGE. HARD running and took the first hit up after a kick return all night. Running at pace, regularly into the big Souths props and getting away quick play the balls, getting us onto the front foot for the set. 173m including that 40m break he made (just didn't have the pace to go all the way).

Jesse was Jesse... 17 runs, 170 metres, 3 offloads. I am so, so, so glad we have held onto Jesse.

Tohu, Hoffman and Kenny B all played well, notching up about 100m each. Tohu the pick of that bunch for mine.

Proctor was mediocre. His effort on Sutton was average all night. His miss allowed Sutton to slice through and put Reynolds over. Jesse should have pushed from the inside too.

Just a few things that weren't too flash but overall I was very happy with the performance. The best one so far this year. Enthusiasm plays such a huge part. Hopefully we can carry that through the bye and into week 1 of the Origin grind.