Round 10 - Melbourne v Souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We go into the bye with 2 good hard wins. A nice time to take a breather and regroup.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some idiot named Blazza18 wanted Slater gone a few weeks ago. So happy to be wrong about that :D He's found some form and is playing extremely welll the past few weeks. Still makes some dumb decisions though so I'll still dig him for that.

Stuck to our game plans tonight. Had over 20 offloads which is strange coming from a Storm team. Beating Manly and Souths two weeks in a row hopefully gets us back on track.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How much money did those refs put on a souths win I wonder? That was atrocious, diabolical, borderline match fixing reffing!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Rose had 2 good stints tonight
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Never had any doubt that my CHAMPION TEAM would beat the ss storm. They wouldn`t let Craig down by losing his 300th coached Storm game. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
gi has never had a good game against STORM.did squirrel play tonight?
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:How much money did those refs put on a souths win I wonder? That was atrocious, diabolical, borderline match fixing reffing!

Mind Boggling are some decisions tonight, did they not realise after the 1st 3 knock ons by G.Burgess that he cant hold it.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Had a very good feeling about tonight, was predicting a 16 point win by 13 will do. Slater and Cronk were absolutely steller - you could tell they had been building for this performance. Plenty of standouts tonight so not going to single anyone out. Tohu MUST start every game from now on. McLean can't get back soon enough - Weston is very average.

Also, Proctor was probably our worst on field tonight, reinforcing my stance that we shouldn't go silly and offer him big money to retain his services.

My favourite play of the night? That Slater and Young combo act to keep the ball in play - how'd Young manage that? Magnificent.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:I thought Rose had 2 good stints tonight
+ 1
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Some idiot named Blazza18 wanted Slater gone a few weeks ago. So happy to be wrong about that :D He's found some form and is playing extremely welll the past few weeks. Still makes some dumb decisions though so I'll still dig him for that.
I think that same bloke said we'd be very weakened by starting Cam at 5/8 :lol: All good though, we've all made statements that have ended up wrong and i'm sure we'll all make more. As for Bill, yes he does make the odd dumb decision and always will, but at the same time there's been literally countless times he's made certain decisions that have paid off that have made him a genius. He takes risks and it's those risks that pay off far more often than not that makes him the player he is IMO

I'd rather him take those sorts of risks with making the odd mistake and pulling off many more miraculous plays than playing much more conservative making no mistakes and without the plays that make Bill Bill.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In fairness to me on Smith being 5/8th weakening us. He played hooker for most of the night so I'm still right :D
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That 6 shirt is not good this season bad form, suspension and injuries its jinxed
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol fair enough but that was always going to happen though. He's always been our most potent weapon out of dummy half and he was always going to be sniffing around there tonight. Anyway, two very important wins against contenders before origin, it's just a shame that origin is going to halt our momentum. I love watching it but given i'm a born and bred Victorian i hate that it decimates our team so much.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Will the real number 1 fullback in the world please stand up.....thank you Billy Slater.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:lol fair enough but that was always going to happen though. He's always been our most potent weapon out of dummy half and he was always going to be sniffing around there tonight. Anyway, two very important wins against contenders before origin, it's just a shame that origin is going to halt our momentum. I love watching it but given i'm a born and bred Victorian i hate that it decimates our team so much.
Yep Ice...Club footy is all that matters to me.....

Origin...meh...

It only means a weakened Storm to me...

Not happy around Origin time...EVER
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great win. I wanted slater to lift and he has. Sorry billy.