R9 - Melbourne vs Manly-Warringah

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

I have to agree with Inglis#3, the reporting on the NRL Website is just lacking, and they are very slow I find. I'm also with Storm Spirit, you get to find out more on here.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have a good feeling that my Champion team will be focused for this game and they will win by at least 10 points. It won`t be a problem if dce plays because we have Cooper.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:I swear NRL have the worst journalists. One minute they report DCE will miss a month, next they're saying he's a chance of playing this week. One minute they're reporting Benji will either go to Cronulla or Melbourne next it's Cronulla, North Queensland or St George. C'mon.
Surely I3....you realise that they just make it all up as they go along. They have no idea. We have more idea than they do....
An NRL journo making things up, surely you jest!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please Craig, make some changes to the forward pack today.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't even bother posting this weeks side. I wouldn't. It's as predictable as ever.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yawn, surprise surprise, no changes, what do Norrie and Hinchy have to do to warrant a spell on the sidelines? Moors and Walker must have really upset Bellamy to not get a look in week in, week out..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't want to be negative this week, but it really is hard when the team you love has lost 4 of their last 5 games and the coach doesn't make any changes. It's just wash, rinse, repeat atm. The ONLY regular player who has been dropped this year has been Hampton. That is ridiculous when you look at how poor our teams been. I don't care how bloody fast the are at playing the ball.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm surprised to see Sisa named to play after they opted against surgery until the end of the season, and O'Neill now expected back around R19 - I didn't think he was going to be out for 10-12 weeks...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waqa was listed at 3-4 weeks, it will have been just over 2, I suppose with rest it's possible that he could be right. Then again it could just be ducks and drakes...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Waqa's minor surgery has been postponed until the off-season. He has responded well to treatment with the week off and should be ok to manage the ankle throughout the year. Great news.

The injury prone O'Neill unlucky again. TBH I expected 10 weeks. Fractured ankle is awkward and even once healed will be a few weeks of ramp up before playing.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have Hayne for a ref
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Waqa was listed at 3-4 weeks, it will have been just over 2, I suppose with rest it's possible that he could be right. Then again it could just be ducks and drakes...
But will Waqa be returning the ball hard and fast this week? If not, might as well not be there. CANNOT afford to carry injured players.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the centres this week, see if anyone gets sucked in or stays out and marks their direct opponent. (Thanks god that O'neill is not playing this week)

Maybe start Tohu at 5/8 like Kearney did for the test - masterstroke. Unfortunately for the Kiwi's the young bloke who came on wasn't up to it, Ben Hampton on the other hand, he's growing on me.

Has Hinchy got some photo's of Bellyache in a compromising position, he must have something over him?

Last question, what is it with our 15 minute forwards? You know, sit on the bench until the 50 - 60 minute mark, come on for 15 mins and that's it?
The stats for this year
V Manly, a very surprising evenly spread set of numbers, the least being 34mins for Big George.
V Panthers George Rose 19mins
V Knights George Rose 9mins
V Dogs Tim Glasby 15mins
V Gold Coast Mitch Garbutt 24mins (unusually long)
V Dragons Tim Glasby 16mins
V Canberra Dayne Weston 15mins
V Warriors Mitch Garbutt 18mins
Are we missing a trick here. Most times these guys have come on, made good impact and lifted the intensity only to be pulled quite quickly and back to the same old same old. Thoughts anyone?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked I have been thinking exactly the same thing re the use of our fourth interchange forward.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:We have Hayne for a ref
Well that makes up for Manly's missing players... and then some.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:
glennb wrote:We have Hayne for a ref
Well that makes up for Manly's missing players... and then some.
Lol