R9 - Melbourne vs Manly-Warringah

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mann oh Mann.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: F*ck Manly! Oh... And Shayne Hayne. What an enormous knobhead. I could only enjoy parts of the game as I was seething about Hayne throughout most of it. 7-4 penalty count against us was laughable but that was just the start of it. I will watch the replay tomorrow but I left the ground with a dodgy impression.

That's about as eloquent as I can be tonight.

Great reaction when Mann latched onto that Cronk flat cross field kick. It was right in front of me and a great way to end a great weekend. I don't want to leave Melbourne!

22 OFFLOADS! Love it when we offload. We regularly look too scared to do it but I really think we need to work a few more offloads into our game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann = brilliant!

Does anyone know why Jesse didn't finish on the ground, that's unusual for our best player to be off at crunch time. I hope he isn't hurt.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Anyone know why Craig wasn't at the press conference? Saving the club a fine maybe? :lol:
Yep....waaay too angry.

If I was Craig...I wouldn't have gone either...

the Referees (field and video) are doing a shitful job in 2014...they are friggen pathetic...seriously inept.

I know it's so easy to sit in the stands and be critical...but FMD....is there ANY hope....I mean ANY FRIGGEN HOPE...of any consistency in the decision making between referees or games.

It is a lottery out there...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

2014 Storm 2 Scum 0. Enough said.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is not just consistency of decision, it is also consistency of the process. How often have we heard this year the video evidence was inconclusive so we have to stick with the on field decision. Hayne said no try for Hiku try. How in the hell was there conclusive evidence that Williams didn't knock on?

Good to see Billy get some of his zip back. Mann refer to Fan Club thread. Cronk's kicking was better. What was Hinchcliffe thinking? Gets the ball from a dropped kick 15 out with a hectare in front of him and he runs diagonally and straight at half the Manly team. I don't mind Weston being in the team but it shouldn't be at the expense of Garbutt.

We have found a considerably worse kicker than Cam. How bad was Matai? How did he get the one from the sideline? So DCE's calf injury helped us win because he didn't kick at goal. We wouldn't have been that close if DCE kicked.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lyon is who Manly missed tonight, especially with the kicking.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Except Lyon isn't a good kicker either.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:Lyon is who Manly missed tonight.
There did seem to be a distinct lack of over-the-top whinging and stupid expressions.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

What was with all the leg lifting in tackles tonight?
They put at least two players into dangerous positions - we were dead lucky that Storm weren't penalised for that first tackle on Notnow as well as the Hampton one - and there were 3 or 4 more that made me nervous.

Line defence was better, but still not up to standard. It was though a better performance than the last few weeks.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:It is not just consistency of decision, it is also consistency of the process. How often have we heard this year the video evidence was inconclusive so we have to stick with the on field decision. Hayne said no try for Hiku try. How in the hell was there conclusive evidence that Williams didn't knock on?

Good to see Billy get some of his zip back. Mann refer to Fan Club thread. Cronk's kicking was better. What was Hinchcliffe thinking? Gets the ball from a dropped kick 15 out with a hectare in front of him and he runs diagonally and straight at half the Manly team. I don't mind Weston being in the team but it shouldn't be at the expense of Garbutt.

We have found a considerably worse kicker than Cam. How bad was Matai? How did he get the one from the sideline? So DCE's calf injury helped us win because he didn't kick at goal. We wouldn't have been that close if DCE kicked.
If it had been a Storm try they were looking at then the decision wouldn`t have been overturned. BUT with Shame H. on the field and klien in the box you didn`t expect anything different did you. Why didn`t we get a penalty when in the last 10 min of the game king took out Billy when he was running towards a ball. EVEN wanker smith saw and mentioned it before brandy custard said "that is ok".
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:Who's this Mann bloke and what should I expect from him?
He is THE MANN who sprinted to a Cooper Cronk cross field kick took the mark, ran through a GAPING hole in moanly
`s defence and scored the winning try to beat moanly in the last 2 mins of the game.
BEAUTIFUL... =D> =D> :hello1: :swav: :swav: :swav: .
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No doubt if Manly had won, the press would be talking about their great depth in the playing group. But because they lost, all I've heard and read is how "ravaged by injury" they were.

A couple of old cliches I learnt when I first started playing footy..."you're only as good as the team you put on the field" and "play the full 80 minutes".

Manly failed on both counts. End of story.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else see Hayne look away in the first half when Slater was slung back down after the tackle near the tryline? I was watching, expecting a penalty (I know - what was I thinking) and clearly saw him note it and turn his head so that he didn't have to rule on it, SHAMEFUL!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said Turtle188. In the media this year, every game Storm has won, the other team has lost for some reason or another (not because Storm were good), and every game Storm has lost they have lost because we are bad, old, slow, or have no depth.