Proctor or Hoffman

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In a perfect world we would be able to keep both these boys. But unfortunately they would both have to take a pay cut to stay and I don't think that is going to happen. So the question is which one do you keep? In my opinion it's an easy choice.
Hoffman has bled purple and has been a wonderful player and I believe still has lots to offer before he retires BUT proctor IS the future and is only getting better as the games go on. So unfortunately I would say goodbye to the hoff and do what I could to keep KP because with him Harris garbutt Jesse and Kenny b AND McLean our future is looking good.

Thoughts on this?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If I had to choose one it would be Proctor. Only because he's younger. If it were up to me I'd let them both go and target someone else like Teo.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I hear Danny wicks wants back in the nrl?? Surely he would be a very cheap pickup?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think we should pay massive overs for either player. We obviously need to be very careful with our cap and shouldn't feel like we NEED to keep one just because we are losing the other.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy 30 KP 25 know which one I'd pick but will proberly happen the other way round
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

size of the cap is frustrating, in a perfect world, both would be one club players
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wouldn't they both be eligible for a cap discount? Does anyone here know the rules regarding that?

I think we'd be lucky to keep K-Proc...but as i said in a different thread - he should take the money, if that offer is legit. Same with Hoffy - if he was actually offered the kind of money that was mentioned...he should absolutely take it - there's no way we should pay overs for him - but i'd be happy if he stayed with us for a reasonable price.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For those doubting Proctor's attacking value, a little stat - he has scored 12 tries in his last 54 games, decent for a backrower
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet with your amazing stats can you tell me how many of those 12 tries have been from Cronk try assists. Thanks.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol, not without going back and watching a lot of minutes of game time. I would guess that probably 2/3 have come from Cronk and the rest from Slater though since that seems to be the play down that right edge.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks, I thought you would have all that information at your fingers tips because you are so good.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Wouldn't they both be eligible for a cap discount? Does anyone here know the rules regarding that?
8 years of CONTINUOUS service (starts from SG Ball time I believe) entitles the club to a $200K discount. I don't believe either are eligible unfortunately.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Would not re-sign Hoffman unless he was willing to play for us for massive unders and he'd also have to be accepting of the fact it'll most likely be an interchange role. Proctor, is an interesting one, I would do the necessary due diligence on a few of the second-rowers off contract (Teo and McQueen come to mind) and then weigh up who'll fit better in our side going forward.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder whether Proctor can be counted based on the fact that he has been signed with us for 9-10 years but, we did not have an SG Ball team for him to represent us in back then, worth checking out at the very least.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If he played for a Sydney club it would count.