Storm vs Warriors Crowds

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

After the ANZAC game, I’ve just been wondering, how much more feral can the crowds become at Storm vs. Warriors games (I remember going to numerous games in the late 90s-mid 2000s between these two teams and it certainly wasn’t anywhere near as bad as what it is now). Seriously, I’m boycotting going to future games between these two teams as I’ve had enough of the following:

Drunk idiots (seeing someone chunder on some other people at the game last Friday pretty much summed up the night).

Security guards who couldn’t do their job properly (letting people they ejected back into the grandstand).

Seeing people in Storm jerseys becoming bandwagon Warriors supporters during the game.

People can’t remain silent for a few more moments after the minutes silence and just before the national anthems.

Being abused while getting up out of your seat by so called Warriors (and rugby league for that matter) fans after the game.

It would be interesting to see what others think of these games now.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I made a similar post in the game-day thread.
I won't be going to anymore games featuring the Warriors and their disgusting feral once a year supporters.
It was even worse last year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep....for the first time it got to me this year.

Other years I have made excuses or just turned a blind eye...

but this year...I hated being there at this game

that makes me sad.

I will seriously consider not going next year
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Do not go to any Warriors game (including finals) can not stand the people.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I didnt go to the game this year and I am very happy. I went to the local RSL, bought my pin, supported the local RSL bagpipe band and had a ball with everyone. Much better atmosphere.

I really hope storm can come to an agreement with ticketmaster and aami and get them to organise separated seating areas or something! Every year I get my knickers in a knot when I have to listen to the disrespectful warriors fans
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote:I made a similar post in the game-day thread.
I won't be going to anymore games featuring the Warriors and their disgusting feral once a year supporters.
It was even worse last year.
Yeah, I made a comment on your post in that thread but I thought I'd make a separate post just make it known how bad the game was last week (I actually thought it was worse this year than last year). I couldn't get out of the ground quick enough after the game and luckily when I got to Richmond station the train arrived straight away and avoided all the ferals there at least. I wasn't even pissed off we lost, just more angry at how bad the atmosphere was at the game.

I do miss the days of Olympic Park/Colonial (aka Docklands/Telstra Dome/Etihad) years ago when Warriors games were actually good to watch at the game. Somehow, I think the club started to promote these games more circa 2006-08 to the average punter and fairweather rugby league fans who put their Warriors hat on for one game, then it became the annual ANZAC Day match since 2009 (also including two finals matches in 2008 & 2011) and I think it has slowly turned into a monstrosity.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I also hate feeling like an away supporter at a home game. if I want to be hassled for the team I barrack for, I'd go to brookvale
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't had the pleasure of attending a Storm vs Warriors game at AAMI however I did attend the Australia vs New Zealand Test Match in 2010 to open the stadium and had two Kiwi supporters seated nearby that were quite poorly behaved.

Having said that, I was a member in Canberra for a number of years and saw my fair share of knobs there as well. Unfortunately Rugby League seems to attract scumbags in droves... as well as articulate, quality people like ourselves ;)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

unfortunately all teams in all sports have their share of tools - Storm included... Other than the yelling out during moments silence I've not noticed any real issues at Warriors games though. Maybe I'm just oblivious lol
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:... as well as articulate, quality people like ourselves ;)
Indubitably!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dont get too out of shape by Warriors fans or by losing to the Warriors.

The warriors have done nothing in 20 years except win the minor premiership by default after the dogs got done rorting the cap in 2002. They were also docked points in their first season for flaunting the interchange rules and missed the finals and theyve also been done for cheating the cap and its just funny how they forget. Even after being stipped of silverware Storm have acheived more than the Warriors ever could.

in short; losing to the warriors is like trying to pick upa chick who is a ten, failing... and then going hlne with her friend who is an eight. It doesn't matter.
cayal
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:unfortunately all teams in all sports have their share of tools - Storm included... Other than the yelling out during moments silence I've not noticed any real issues at Warriors games though. Maybe I'm just oblivious lol
I didn't go this year (overseas) but have been to the last few and can't say I noticed anything either.

To be honest, can't really say I've had any bad experiences at Olympic/AAMI.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like Steaming Stormer the only issues I have had is people calling out during the Anzac ceremony which really is disrespectful. People can't be quiet for two or three minutes when the only reason we are at an NRL game is because people have given their lives for us. Show some respect. 90k people at the MCG seem to be able to keep reasonably quiet why can't 28k at AAMI?

I haven't had any other problems with the crowds at the Anzac Day game. The atmosphere is usually pretty good. It is funny how it turns into a quasi-away game but it is good to have the Melbourne chant up against the Warriors chant.

In any case I don't think a couple of idiotic supporters is going to stop me from turning up to see my team in the same seats I have had since AAMI opened.