Proctor offerred $1.5m by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How could Storm compete against that sort of financial offer...$500,000 a season.

Thanks for the memories Kevvie ...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He's not worth that much. He is effective with our structure, doubt he will be in theirs. You would think Sydney clubs would have learnt from the Adam Blair debarcle.

Can't begrudge him for taking that kind of money though if the Roosters are stupid enough to throw it at him.

Obviously it would have been great to keep him but 2nd row is probably the one area where we consistently churn out quality players so if he leaves there is no doubt someone will step in to his shoes
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It would be nice to keep him....but... take the money k-proc!!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:He's not worth that much. He is effective with our structure, doubt he will be in theirs. You would think Sydney clubs would have learnt from the Adam Blair debarcle.

Can't begrudge him for taking that kind of money though if the Roosters are stupid enough to throw it at him.

Obviously it would have been great to keep him but 2nd row is probably the one area where we consistently churn out quality players so if he leaves there is no doubt someone will step in to his shoes
Agreed.....decent 2nd rowers do seem to grow on trees...compared to other positions
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As simple as playing Tohu on the right? He does his best work on the left...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kev has been a dedicated member of storm since he was 15 or 16. I hope for his sake he can capitalise on his hardwork, I wouldnt boo him if he took the money
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu was a right edge backrower in the NYC, I'm sure he'd be fantastic at it
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Proctor should take the money if he has been offered that much. I like Harris on the left so hopefully he can play on the left next year.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree as much as I love him he can't not take the offer he would be silly not too
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

is brian waldron working at the chooks now?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How I love the Roosters salary cap! Peter O'Sullivan was the one of a few names named in the salary cap audit report as to who knew what was going on. Yet he is still working in the NRL and never been asked to please explain. But in saying that if the Roosters want to give $500,00 to a second rower good luck to Procter. Second Rowers are not going to win you a game, they might help do the hard work they do not create the plays. I would just like to tell Procter one thing: one of the reasons he is playing so well because he is running along side Cronk. Just remember Mitchell Pearce is no Cronk, so he might not look a good playing along side him.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:How I love the Roosters salary cap! Peter O'Sullivan was the one of a few names named in the salary cap audit report as to who knew what was going on. Yet he is still working in the NRL and never been asked to please explain. But in saying that if the Roosters want to give $500,00 to a second rower good luck to Procter. Second Rowers are not going to win you a game, they might help do the hard work they do not create the plays. I would just like to tell Procter one thing: one of the reasons he is playing so well because he is running along side Cronk. Just remember Mitchell Pearce is no Cronk, so he might not look a good playing along side him.
fully agree...but try telling that someone who could now pay cash for a house in Paddington....
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:fully agree...but trying telling that someone who could now pay cash for a house in Paddington....
I do not blame Proc for a second. He is more than welcome to take what he can for his family. I know I would.

The risk is that he doesn't perform as well in the Roosters structures, running off Pearce and his market value drops considerably before his next contract. A'la Adam Blair. Plus potentially miss out on Rep jumpers and payments. Again, a'la Blair.

But as soon as another club picks up a player, fan expectations set by a fat paychecks are unavoidable. If someone signs for $500K or more and then dishes out 6 Runs and 50 Metres consistently, people won't be happy... but, that is what you bought so why be upset with the player? It's a vicious cycle.

Kevin Proctor 2014 Averages
56 Minutes
53 Metres
6.3 Runs
1.3 Tackle Busts
27.6 Tackles
0.3 Offloads
0.3 Line Breaks
1.1 Ineffective Tackles
0.9 Missed Tackles
0.3 Tries
8.43 Metres Per Run

$500K???
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm actually surprised at those stats. It feels like he's our go to edge runner these days and gets the ball every set, but only 6 runs a game is quite average. Good to solid player. Not a $500k a season player. Good luck to him though.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think those stats are more reflective of the fact that he does a lot of work off the ball not so much with it. We don't use him much coming out of our own end, but when we are in the opposition 20 he is one of our go to players. Stats wont show how many defenders he attracts as an effective decoy, or how many times he creates space around him. But that is exactly what we got out of Sika Manu, and Adam Blair before him, and Crocker and J Smith and almost every other player who has played on the right alongside Cronk and Slater