Rep Weekend

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good to see all the Storm boys play well for their respective countries. There's nothing like a rep game to gain a bit of form....well done Billy, hopefully that's the kick start he's needed.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy went really well and Cam too but I have to take my hat off to that kiwi forward pack. Jesse Bromwich as their leader really stood up and Adam Blair was his old self again, haven't seen him play that well in years.
Tohu and Proctor also very good and Proctor looked good on that left edge play that lead to a try. Maybe move him to the left for Hoffy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All the guys played well..billy had a slow start but all good

Tohu looked good out there
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill's big problem atm is he's lost the zip and acceleration that made him who he is. I know he's not slow, but he looked slow at times. After the first high ball he had trouble with, he did look quite solid though. Cam needs to run more out of dummy half, when he does that his team looks far more dangerous. Cronk was Cronk, didn't do anything special, just did his job.

Bromwich is a gun we all know that. Played 69 mins last night too. Tohu played well out of position for most of the game. Proctor with his typical 7 runs for <50m game. Not worth the 500k being offered.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Bromwich is a gun we all know that. Played 69 mins last night too.
I noticed that too. If we can get quality of Jesse for that long at club level, we need to do it. We are a much better team with him on the field.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no doubting that
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christian Welch has been the only QLD forward to consistently break the line. Lodge has been impressive running the ball, but he's a hot head. Munster is still a few years away from first grade IMO.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was good but also bad to see Welch and Lodge bashing into each other. I would think Lodge may get suspended for punching. Also does anyone think Britt has anything to answer for for his facial massage before Folau was sin binned?

What about Korbin Sims' bell ringer on Isaac Liu?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:What about Korbin Sims' bell ringer on Isaac Liu?
Felt it up here.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the u20s state of origin was probably the worst reffing display I have seen. allowing britt to stay on the field was mind boggling.

lodge is a good player but still not sold on him after the redneck-esque posts on his facebook
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Lodge is a good player but still not sold on him after the redneck-esque posts on his facebook
Now reading about a homophobic taunt to a Qld player late in the game and that Lodge had the 'c' word written on his wrist strapping.

I can only imagine who made the taunt. If I'm right, this guy shouldn't be welcome in our colours. Unnecessary and totally unpolitically correct.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he was the player that said the homophobic taunt, then sure he should be punished. I couldn't really care less about what was written on his strapping tape, I don't see why it's such a big deal. Just because he has it though doesn't mean he made the remark.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:I couldn't really care less about what was written on his strapping tape, I don't see why it's such a big deal. Just because he has it though doesn't mean he made the remark.
Why the hell would you have that written?....inspiration, I think not.

To me it just shows a loose cannon in waiting.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It obviously meant something as it had brothers and a :) too. It really isn't a big deal. I'm more pissed about his attitude and punching someone.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great tackle by Tonumaipea to deny Tuqiri a try.