Rd.8 ANZAC DAY - Melbourne Storm vs NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

It's easy to support a team that wins all the time, but the real supporters support a team even stronger when the team is struggling to find a way to be competitive on the field!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You can be a fan of the team and still criticize them.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:Well said Stormy!
I'm so bloody sick of the whinging and sooking by "supporters" who seem to believe the players don't give their all out there and that the coach hasn't already thought of whatever people suggest he does on any given day!
Get over it folks - there just may some years when our team doesn't do as well as we'd like BUT they will get it sorted eventually - maybe not overnight, but it will happen ;)
Tigger I have never seen anyone say that the players don't give their all. People are identifying areas / players who aren't performing well. Just because fans are suggesting changes to the team does not mean we are not supporting the team. In fact I would say that it is showing passion for the team by identifying our weaknesses and suggesting alternatives to improve the team's performance either now or into the future.

One of the areas we are struggling in are metres gained by the forward pack. Two players who people have been critical of are Bryan Norrie and Ryan Hinchcliffe. They have both been wonderful servants for our club and over their career at the Storm they have certainly got the best out of themselves. The people who are critical off them would still be supporting them on game day. Last week no one would have been upset because Hinchcliffe scored a try v Raiders we would have been celebrating. We are just making observations that putting out numbers like 6 runs for 32 metres and 8 runs for 49 metres on a consistent basis is not good enough, particularly given the amount of game time each player gets.

We think giving more time to the likes of Garbutt and Harris will not only improve our current performance but will also improve our performance long term (assuming they both re-sign). We also think giving more minutes to guys like Weston and Rose given their output of metres gained per run would improve our current performance.

Although, given that Sisa and Justin will be missing from the backline I can't see Craig making too many, if any, changes to the forward pack v Manly.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly Scooter. I love the Melbourne Storm and devote a lot of my time to discussing our club, players, games, etc every week.

Being a "supporter" does not mean you are restricted to saying "go team" every week and that is it. Constantly looking for improvement is the pathway to success. I enjoy discussing areas for improvement and reject any claim that this somehow makes me less of a fan.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

If people want to leave their rose coloured glasses on, then go right ahead. I don't care.
I will criticise the team's performance as I see fit.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Scooter wrote:
Tigger wrote:Well said Stormy!
I'm so bloody sick of the whinging and sooking by "supporters" who seem to believe the players don't give their all out there and that the coach hasn't already thought of whatever people suggest he does on any given day!
Get over it folks - there just may some years when our team doesn't do as well as we'd like BUT they will get it sorted eventually - maybe not overnight, but it will happen ;)
Tigger I have never seen anyone say that the players don't give their all. People are identifying areas / players who aren't performing well. Just because fans are suggesting changes to the team does not mean we are not supporting the team. In fact I would say that it is showing passion for the team by identifying our weaknesses and suggesting alternatives to improve the team's performance either now or into the future.

One of the areas we are struggling in are metres gained by the forward pack. Two players who people have been critical of are Bryan Norrie and Ryan Hinchcliffe. They have both been wonderful servants for our club and over their career at the Storm they have certainly got the best out of themselves. The people who are critical off them would still be supporting them on game day. Last week no one would have been upset because Hinchcliffe scored a try v Raiders we would have been celebrating. We are just making observations that putting out numbers like 6 runs for 32 metres and 8 runs for 49 metres on a consistent basis is not good enough, particularly given the amount of game time each player gets.

We think giving more time to the likes of Garbutt and Harris will not only improve our current performance but will also improve our performance long term (assuming they both re-sign). We also think giving more minutes to guys like Weston and Rose given their output of metres gained per run would improve our current performance.

Although, given that Sisa and Justin will be missing from the backline I can't see Craig making too many, if any, changes to the forward pack v Manly.
Yeah I should've mentioned that I've heard it at games & seen stuff on Facebook pages etc. Wasn't referring specifically to here :oops:
I've been saying for weeks that we're a bit stale & the other teams know our plays so can anticipate our moves but we just have to deal with it until it changes from within.
Craig does have a brilliant coaching mind but I think he needs to mix things up a bit like back in 2010. No pressure on the guys and they played brilliantly. Craig is loyal to his players but I agree that we need an injection of "new blood" :)