Rd.8 ANZAC DAY - Melbourne Storm vs NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kya wrote:Thanks for pointing out the wind factor matt. Cronk kicked right in front of me and it went straight to Tomkins and I just remember thinking that there was no way that was where he meant it to kick it but it just completely diverted off as it went up.

Some of Cronk's kicking was off but in saying that some of his kicking was just a bad bounce and apparently our players are allowed to be taken out of the play when they chase because they sure as hell aren't allowed to compete.

Clearly Smith is still injured as he doesn't seem to be kicking the ball in general play nearly as often as he usually does or as effectively.

I think that part of the issues with our attack last night could also be accounted for with the loss of Justin o'neill on the left that left us a bit aimless on that side.

And despite Bellamy saying we had no other injuries, Waqa pulled up in that first chip kick from Cronk, he had no drive or run and was cautious with everything he did for the rest of the night.

I think our biggest problem is attitude in defence and where were players supporting Slater or Cronk in attack. Instead they just slowly run back, they stand flat footed and there are no 2nd or 3rd efforts. I think there was some of that for 10 to 15 minutes in the 2nd half but that was it.

This is not the Storm side we are used to seeing and I think that is why supporters are more annoyed and dissatisfied. We can cop being beaten by a better side but not when you know you have the players and ability to beat some of these sides we have lost too.

Don't entirely agree with that, the try at 44mins being one of the crispest & decisive we saw all night. Trouble is that was about the last time we got to see another opportunity out that side. Lost count of how many times we went right or up the middle with no try at the end...pressure yes, but no points. Don't get me wrong quite often that nets us a try but it didn't in this game...why did we persist? It was so predictable
storm77
Squall
Squall

Must be selected every week...
JB
CC
YT (let him develop)
CS
KB
JM (when he returns)
WC
MG
KP
TH
Questionable selections:
BS
SW
RHoff
BH
Must not be selected:
BN
Hiinchcliffe
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can everyone please stop questioning Billy Slater. Seriously.... Have a long hard look at yourself. Yeah, he's not in great form but he's Billy Slater. He's done enough in his career at the storm to be allowed a form slump.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it's a bit more than a form slump though. He isn't the same Billy Slater anymore.
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just thought I would clear this up bill was struck will a virus mid week and looked like missing the game, maybe his determination and hype to play Anzac Day may have got in the road. I personally think he should not have played. He wasn't at 100%. If you where at the game, you may have seen number 20 warming up which was Mann. It was touch and go. Maybe Mann should have taken the field.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

JimmyThunder wrote:Just thought I would clear this up bill was struck will a virus mid week and looked like missing the game, maybe his determination and hype to play Anzac Day may have got in the road. I personally think he should not have played. He wasn't at 100%. If you where at the game, you may have seen number 20 warming up which was Mann. It was touch and go. Maybe Mann should have taken the field.
so Mann is close...Bellamy is going to play him soon ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote:
JimmyThunder wrote:Just thought I would clear this up bill was struck will a virus mid week and looked like missing the game, maybe his determination and hype to play Anzac Day may have got in the road. I personally think he should not have played. He wasn't at 100%. If you where at the game, you may have seen number 20 warming up which was Mann. It was touch and go. Maybe Mann should have taken the field.
so Mann is close...Bellamy is going to play him soon ?

Not to sure just seen him warming up. Heard from a lot of insiders that he is playing real well in NSW Cup.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well Sisa is out 3-4 weeks and Juzzy is TBD so I wonder if Mann will come in for one of them and Chambers the other ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill was one of our better players apart from a couple of errors I thought.

Where have you heard Sisa out for 3-4?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Off twitter/Storm website.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bugger
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bummer particularly for Sisa, he will miss Fiji match.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I want to say... It has been easy supporting Storm because they made a habit of winning. We have been really spoilt with some of the best players in NRL playing for us. My Champion Team have stayed mentally tough for 9 yrs or so and been at the top of their game.(more than any other nrl club) considering what we have been through and never gave up and now they are going through a tough time I will not say anything negative about them.
the dogs failed miserably in 2013 after they lost the 2012 GF we stayed strong ( even though we dipped out of the finals. Even after we lost the 2008 GF by a record margin we didn`t give up in 2009 we went on to win the 2009 GF.
in 2010 we raised $150,000 for charity in " Points for a Purpose" when we weren`t allowed to play for points. what other club would have done that?

We should give our team a bit of slack and stay strong behind them.. They get enough grief from everyone else they shouldn`t get it from the people who they can depend on for support US their members and supporters. . :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:I want to say... It has been easy supporting Storm because they made a habit of winning. We have been really spoilt with some of the best players in NRL playing for us. My Champion Team have stayed mentally tough for 9 yrs or so and been at the top of their game.(more than any other nrl club) considering what we have been through and never gave up and now they are going through a tough time I will not say anything negative about them.
the dogs failed miserably in 2013 after they lost the 2012 GF we stayed strong ( even though we dipped out of the finals. Even after we lost the 2008 GF by a record margin we didn`t give up in 2009 we went on to win the 2009 GF.
in 2010 we raised $150,000 for charity in " Points for a Purpose" when we weren`t allowed to play for points. what other club would have done that?

We should give our team a bit of slack and stay strong behind them.. They get enough grief from everyone else they shouldn`t get it from the people who they can depend on for support US their members and supporters. . :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
Exactly this. Keep the faith.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well said Stormy!
I'm so bloody sick of the whinging and sooking by "supporters" who seem to believe the players don't give their all out there and that the coach hasn't already thought of whatever people suggest he does on any given day!
Get over it folks - there just may some years when our team doesn't do as well as we'd like BUT they will get it sorted eventually - maybe not overnight, but it will happen ;)