Round 7 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spot on Glenn. As soon as theres more than 2 in a tackle the attacking player just needs to drop the ball and he'll get a penalty. Happened with Fensom today, he was looking to offload the ball but dropped it. Ref flipped a coin and gave them the penalty, that set they score a try.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:media saying Storm let game slip...
They did.

best case; first week of the finals. Worst case; no finals at all. Just glad I'll be away for 4 weeks ao I don't have to watch this shit football they are playing. Bellamy needa to flog the shit out the team and start dropping the underperforming players.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:media saying Storm let game slip...
Fox Sports news reporting this as "karma comes back to haunt the Storm"...

What a horrid year this is shaping up to be - some of the worst defense & lack of effort I have ever seen from us, some of the worst refereeing, judiciary decisions and reporting I have seen/heard, and no real 'light at the end of the tunnel' in sight... I really am losing all interest in the NRL, and it looks like our players have done so as well.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, this from the NRL website:
Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says he's sick of NRL games being decided by controversial calls, as the rugby league gods delivered his side a dose of karma with a last-gasp 24-22 loss to Canberra.
:roll:
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pitiful.....The NRL may as well just completely do away with the scoreboard, and score in general....at the end of the game the refs can just get together and decide who won based on which team deserved it the most......It's basically what's been served up in almost every close game this year - I'm definitely feeling the same as many others....Is it worth even watching this game anymore?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have loved the Storm from the very beginning. I have loved the game of Rugby League for even longer... but I honestly find myself wishing I enjoyed another sport as much as I enjoy RL so I could be done with the amateur, pathetic, mismanaged code that is the NRL.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm should have put the Raiders away with all the opportunities. Simple errors in attack and the defence is non-existent. We had 30+ missed tackles.

Norrie has been offering virtually nothing in attack or defence. At least Hinchy usually offers heaps in defence. I don't understand Craig 's use of the bench either. Dayne was lucky to get 10 or 15 mins and George might have got 20 or 25. (NRL stats website says Dayne had 0 minutes). George made a good impact whilst he was on. Dayne didn't do much but didn't get much of a chance. He can't provide less than Noz.

Ben Roberts getting injured early should have meant the bench was used more. I feel sorry for Ben he will probably miss Samoa test v Fiji.

As for the refs, I think it is a scientific impossibility that Sisa did not score. They ruled he went touch in goal. He landed before the line well inside the side line and inside field of play and then slid along the ground, the ball had to be grounded. Fensom drop was poor ball handling and led to a try. Another decision no one mentioned is in lead up to Raiders try just before half time. Hinchy attempts to catch a ball just in front of the half way line, he drops it and the ball lands behind half way. Can't the refs see the lines on the field?
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Perfect time to give Cody a crack, also coming off 4 tries on the weekend surely he will get a shot at it you'd think.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cody won't get a crack. Coaching staff will persist with looking backwards rather than forwards. Hampton will be named at 5/8 me thinks.

As I said before I don't give a toss if we lose but if we don't push the envelope and try alternatives then losing like we have is pointless because we aren't learning much othe than our defence is shite
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think the coaching staff will pick Walker either. I'd give him a crack though for something different. Not sure what Walker's defence is like.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I also think Walker should get a game but I don't think he will. Too bold a selection for Craig. I would have picked him in round 1. It doesn't really matter what his defence is like. It can't be any worse than we are currently dishing up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:I also think Walker should get a game but I don't think he will. Too bold a selection for Craig. I would have picked him in round 1. It doesn't really matter what his defence is like. It can't be any worse than we are currently dishing up.
You can say that again
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need a clean out at the end of the season. Way too many hangers on who aren't pulling their weight.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we just need JB to breed like crazy so we can have some solid forward stocks in the future
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think clone is the word you're looking for. ... We don't want to have to wait 20 odd years for more capable forwards! :)

Some of them do seem to be going through the motions so to speak.....it's not acceptable anymore that's for sure.