Round 7 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taken from NRL.com

Storm
1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
4 Justin O'Neill
5 Young Tonumaipea
6 Ben Roberts
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14 Kenny Bromwich
15 Tohu Harris
16 Mitch Garbutt
17 Tim Glasby
18 Dayne Weston

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Unchanged 17 from the win over the Dragons, with Chambers to fight a shoulder charge at the judiciary and Dayne Weston added to an extended bench.

----------

I wonder if that is confirmed or just speculated? If we name him in the official team does that mean we are intending to contest?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't know if I would read that much into it, we rarely name a different team to the one that ran out the week before. Of course they might still contest but they probably just haven't decided on who comes in for Chambers yet. I would think Fonua but they could go a different way with Hunt and Robinson back from injury (I think).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Weston will come in for Glasby and Fonua for Chambers (assuming he is suspended).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw photos somewhere last night of Kaufusi looking like he was warming up for the game Monday night which is interesting. Wonder how far away he is from getting a crack? Can play prop or back row, I like him more than Weston. Like Moors more than Weston too.
Wouldn't be shocked to see Fonua not come in for Chambers if Will's suspension holds.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Wouldn't be shocked to see Fonua not come in for Chambers if Will's suspension holds.
Surely Fonua will slot in... Who else? Hunt is untested and only just back from injury.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure. Just wouldn't be shocked either way.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu the Destroyer :twisted:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm have taken early plea for Chambers, out for 2 weeks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So that's Canberra and Warriors. Damn, he plays well on Anzac day too. Still think it's BS he misses more than 1.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I notice the NRL have today announced that ALL lifting tackles that place players in dangerous positions will now be suspended regardless of the outcome, what about the ones against us????
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BTW this match is a Channel None game so we have to wait an hour to see the match on Gem.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:BTW this match is a Channel None game so we have to wait an hour to see the match on Gem.
In Adelaide, all GEM NRL games (Fridays and Sundays) have been pushed back until after midnight. We can watch the replay on Fox before it airs on FTA. Stormy and I are up sh*t creek.

Scumbags Nein.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does anyone know if nrl digital pass will show the game live?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Scooter wrote:BTW this match is a Channel None game so we have to wait an hour to see the match on Gem.
In Adelaide, all GEM NRL games (Fridays and Sundays) have been pushed back until after midnight. We can watch the replay on Fox before it airs on FTA. Stormy and I are up sh*t creek.

Scumbags Nein.
Yourhero I can't believe it, back to the dark ages. It's on Fox at 7pm EST I think.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hate channel nine.NO PROMOTION of nrl in sadelaide.