Round 6 - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If people were describing bringing Roberts up as a panic move, what should even considering Kenner for first grade already be described as? At the very least if Young was to not play, Fonua should be playing left centre and O'Neill should be on the wing. But I would strongly disagree with dropping Young, just as I didn't agree with dropping Fonua. Neither have been in bad form, infact theyve been playing far more consistently than our experienced backs, and yet they already find themselves on the outer. The message being sent doesn't exactly seem like a good one.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roberts has strong front on defence. His decision making can be questionable but I have more faith in him defensively than Hampton. Taking the correct playmaking options is a whole other matter... Seeing as Cronk is taking 95% of kicks and dominating last play options, the 5/8 attacking role becomes less important than defence. Not that I agree with Cronk taking such a heavy load but if that is the way the team is going to play, 5/8 defence becomes crucial.

I would love to see Hampton own the 6 jersey. But in order for him to play a solid part, he would need more ball and better defence.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:If people were describing bringing Roberts up as a panic move, what should even considering Kenner for first grade already be described as? At the very least if Young was to not play, Fonua should be playing left centre and O'Neill should be on the wing. But I would strongly disagree with dropping Young, just as I didn't agree with dropping Fonua. Neither have been in bad form, infact theyve been playing far more consistently than our experienced backs, and yet they already find themselves on the outer. The message being sent doesn't exactly seem like a good one.
It all comes back to defence with Mahe. You just can't trust him.

Sally mentioned on twitter Young could be carrying an injury so I doubt he's been dropped.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Roberts has strong front on defence. His decision making can be questionable but I have more faith in him defensively than Hampton. .
Roberts is stronger/bigger so I'm not questioning that. I just don't believe Hampton's front on defence was the problem. Think it was more him getting lost in our defensive structure and making the wrong decisions. I don't know if we can trust Roberts staying on his man and making the right decisions either. If he does it'll go a long way for him staying in the team permanently. The edge of Hoffman, Roberts, O'Neill and Young is going to be tested big time tonight.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let's hope gaz has a shocker on account of being the apprentice facing his masters :) One more lesson wouldn't go astray :)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if he got that from me...I tweeted it just before he came out with and he does follow me

Lol I'd laugh if he did
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:I wonder if he got that from me...I tweeted it just before he came out with and he does follow me

Lol I'd laugh if he did
I was going to say start feeding him rubbish/lies and see if he posts it... then I remembered who we are talking about and realised that would be redundant.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Young trained at the Captain's run yesterday. Most of the time that means they are playing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mole was partly right Richie did play tonight in Under 20s. Only change Roberts in for Hampton.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible start by Roberts, terrible play the ball.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater has been awful under the high ball this year.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think he's always been suspect to be honest.

But that kick! Give him the #6 :)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffman has to go this year if Bellamy is fair dinkum. If he's not being smashed and turtled on EVERY run, he's dropping the ball with his potato hands. Freakin' horrible.

Agreed, Slater has always been suspect in the air. The 40m attacking bomb should be every team's tactic, every week, every year. The kick Slater put in was a nothing kick and it was never on. Got very lucky with that.

O'Neill's defence on the first Dragons try - embarrassing.
Last edited by yourhero on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where did those bloody seagulls come from?

Did anyone else hear the stat on Storm #15 in metres gained?
Monsoon
Monsoon

I cant believe how poor Billy has become under the high ball. Hoffman and Norrie are past it. Been impressed with Smith Cronk Chambers and Bromwich, also Garbutt has been strong off the bench.

Those forward pass calls were ridiculous!! Refs are really hurting us the last few weeks.