Round 6 - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't think the groin injury is a bad one, as he was kicking the ball for miles at the end of training. I thought Cody Walker trained really well and he put in a lot of different kicks too, not just high in the air. One grubber kick had Billy running a 360 circle to get it.

They did a bit of goal line defence, so hopefully that helps on Monday night. After a mistake Craig stopped training and yelled at them to do there f....... job. He was standing in the middle of the field and I heard it and I was on the fence at the side lines.
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Benny Hampton out Ben Roberts in for Monday nights game. Really do not understand the selection from the coaching staff? Ben Roberts had a poor game last weekend in NSW cup and gets promoted to first grade.? I think Kurt Mann played well in a losing side and from reports I here he is the form player for the cronulla sharks in the Nsw cup team. Don't think he would look out of place in the 6
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would give Cody Walker a chance. He was Qld Cup player of year after missing the first eight rounds. It would be good to see how he goes with a close to full strength side. We already know what Roberts delivers. Roberts didn't impress me in NSW Cup game last week either.

I agree Mann played well last week but at full back which is why I would pick Walker or Roberts ahead of him.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Walker? Isn't he leaving anyway? If that's the case we shouldn't be giving him first grade experience that's for sure. ..
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

King Walker leaving is paper talk at this stage. Until he gets released officially he is still a Storm player. I mean Rose was set to leave immediately last week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw on twitter yesterday that the Storm won't be granting Walker a release.

@badds76 Apr 11
Cody walker's move to souths has collapsed. Melbourne refusing to grant release without compensation request which souths won't pay
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Heard at training yesterday, he was not planning on going anywhere this year. Sallymay might know more.

So Storm are just meant to grant a release because the Rabbits want one of the players! Okay we want back on the ex Storm players that now play at your club. Sure no problems.
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter wrote:I would give Cody Walker a chance. He was Qld Cup player of year after missing the first eight rounds. It would be good to see how he goes with a close to full strength side. We already know what Roberts delivers. Roberts didn't impress me in NSW Cup game last week either.

I agree Mann played well last week but at full back which is why I would pick Walker or Roberts ahead of him.

If you were picking the team on forum there is no way u could put Roberts in after last weeks performance. I thought about walker but why play him if he want to leave? I think we should play our young guys. Iam sure Mann played 6 for Qld U20s? He played the first few game at 6 in NSW cup until Gardner got injured very versatile good young player.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The way we're playing where 6 isn't a passer just a runner anyway, we may as well play Munster.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Munster was at training yesterday. He was the only under 20 there for the whole session. I would say he will play for Storm during origin. I know he plays 6 for the under 20, but yesterday he was at fullback the whole time. He yells all the time when playing just like Billy.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

JimmyThunder wrote:If you were picking the team on forum there is no way u could put Roberts in after last weeks performance.
Nonsense. Roberts will save our season.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Munster was at training yesterday. He was the only under 20 there for the whole session. I would say he will play for Storm during origin. I know he plays 6 for the under 20, but yesterday he was at fullback the whole time. He yells all the time when playing just like Billy.
i meant it ongue in cheek as he is clearly better suited to 1 than 6
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey guys yeh I asked Cody straight out

Are u leaving to go to souths cause if you are I need a photo lol

He said well in that case u don't need one cause I'm not leaving till at least the end of the year

I laughed and said well that's good but can I get a photo anyway and he said sure
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't think I'd be hoping to see Ben Roberts on the field for us lol.