Round 6 - Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maybe we (as in storm fans) don't whinge loudly enough??

Good to see that has come out anyway - we all knew it.....Doust and his buddies must have had their eyes closed when that happened....
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At least they are not getting the 2 points. I can not believe all this rubbish for 0.6 second. That is about the time it takes for the brain to register it has heard something, the ref to put the whistle in his mouth and blow it. The siren sounds and the ref blows the whistle is never going to be exactly at the same time. I bet if you freeze frame every end of every half of football you would find they go on for a little bit longer. Archer should never have said the 0.6 second being technically wrong, all it has done it make the NRL look dumb again. It is like the traffic light turns green, but the driver has to react before going. React takes time. Also, this garage about the clock on the ground/television screen saying 80 minutes. The refs are not looking at the clock, they are waiting to hear the siren.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm played to refs whistle..end of
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:At least they are not getting the 2 points. I can not believe all this rubbish for 0.6 second. That is about the time it takes for the brain to register it has heard something, the ref to put the whistle in his mouth and blow it. The siren sounds and the ref blows the whistle is never going to be exactly at the same time. I bet if you freeze frame every end of every half of football you would find they go on for a little bit longer. Archer should never have said the 0.6 second being technically wrong, all it has done it make the NRL look dumb again. It is like the traffic light turns green, but the driver has to react before going. React takes time. Also, this garage about the clock on the ground/television screen saying 80 minutes. The refs are not looking at the clock, they are waiting to hear the siren.
On that point, it would take at least that long for the half to start as the ref has to blow time on and the kicker has to react so technically, it's however much dead time.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Now we are being investigated for allowing Ryan Hoffman to come back on the field after the concussion test. He was only off the field for 6 and half minutes and the test takes between 8 to 2 minutes. The poor Dragons had used all there interchanges and had to take a player off for concussion just before the end. When is this rubbish going to end. I have had enough. We get bad calls it is fine, other get bad calls against us and all hell brakes out. The Warriors got a bad call against and the Bulldogs were able to level the game and went on to win. No one is saying the Warriors were robbed and they must be given two points. Josh Graham had two bad head knocks when the Bulldogs played us and after one head knock scored a try, but there was no problem for the Bulldogs. McLean gets seven weeks for an accident and Newcastle wanted all three players cited. Three weeks later the media and still taking and showing pictures of the tackle. Now the NRL change the laws a anymore doing a lifting tackle will be cited, yet last week nothing happen to the guy that lifted Chambers. Why it this happening, I am about to loose my mind.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Because we have taken the spot the Broncos had before us. There is something there from with in the league headquarters that hated the broncos being successful and thats been changed to us for a number of years now. I wonder
If it has sosomething to do with news limited but doesnt explain this year.