Sad news on Alex McKinnon

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Newcastle knights have come out and slammed the news report stating Alex McKinnon is a quadriplegic. So is channel nine going to make it there head line on tonight's news or is Matty Johns going to state now that "it has now be unconfirmed that McKinnon is a quadriplegic". As fools on all the forums going to take back their posts. I think not. We all know the media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story but this one is playing with a lot of people's feeling. This story upset everyone who has anything to do with League and it was not accurate. It is not goon enough.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It seems that they do not appreciate the definitive nature that most people associate with quadriplegia.

This quote from the Knights, “One of the most important factors for Alex at this time is hope, which was jeopardised by this report.”.

I do not think anything has been misreported but it has left a sour tasts in the mouth of some to even discuss Alex's current state.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Farking Channel Nine! What a disgrace!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Fox should also hang their heads in shame, the carry on before last nights Titans Cowboys game was an absolute disgrace
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

who were the commentators?..scummy alexander and wazza cos I wouldn`t expect any better from them. I washed out my bins instead of watching last nights game
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I want to watch a Storm game without Smith or Alexander commentating, so far this year we have had both or one of them. I do not want to listen to them any more and it is only round five.