McLean Report

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone heard yet if he's been charged (or if Jesse or Kenny Bromwich have)?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's speculation it will be grade one or two. Do any of them have records? Likely off with early guilty plea. The shit storm over at League Unlimited is hilarious.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know how they'll be able to grade it. The tackle was fine until McKinnon ducked his head. Whats eventuated from that is extremely sad and terribly unlucky but no one is to blame for it. We literally see it happen every week in the NRL and players get up from it.

If McLean does get charged we better fight it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not listed on the Judiciary "Latest Charges" as yet. Nor do I think it will.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/J ... fault.aspx
Rina
Squall
Squall

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... erral.html

so they're going to punish him before officially punishing him.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

A Storm player ( think it was Ben Hampton)was tipped over at 10.50 min and again 27 min (Ben Hampton) but nothing done about it. The ref should have penalised those tackles. Cam told the ref you have let a couple go tonight.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The NRL deferring the hearing can only mean bad things for McLean.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With all due respect, I am not sure how a judiciary hearing may "offend" Alex or his family. Process is process.

Either that is just a poor excuse, or plain old silly... In my opinion of course.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds to me like they're waiting to hear the full extent of the injury before applying a charge or grading, which of course is NOT what they're supposed to do... the "out of respect for Alex and his family" line is utter BS.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the kid isn't even given a by-your-leave to defend himself at the judiciary. An unfortunate turn of events for Alex and I wish him well but what sortbof rinky dink, kangaroo court bullshit is this from the NRL?
Rina wrote:http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... erral.html

so they're going to punish him before officially punishing him.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The NRL is such a poorly run organisation. But as Storm supporters we are used to that. We must be top of the ladder again because the storm hate is strong again today. Keep your head up Jordan. Can't see anything wrong with the tackle, but cannot understand why Alex dipped his head, he must have been disorientated. I hope Alex makes a full recovery, Best wishes to him & his family.
Ps. People with mental issues shouldn't be allowed to use twitter, they bring down the quality of this planet. The problem is stupid people don't realise they are stupid; because they are Stupid.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote:Sounds to me like they're waiting to hear the full extent of the injury before applying a charge or grading, which of course is NOT what they're supposed to do... the "out of respect for Alex and his family" line is utter BS.
That's exactly what it sounds like - can't be good for the end result either :/

Can't believe it's even an option to not only push back a hearing...but stand down a player because of it - that's just crazy...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Total bs! You can't stand him down without trial, it's the same lack of due process they always show! They wouldn't do this to any of those thugs at Manly with a record as long as your arm!!!!!! He needs this settled because you actually run the risk of affecting his life and his mental state as well by suspending him indefinitely like this! wake up NRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

May not be a bad thing for Jordan to be kept out of the spotlight. He is a young man and I am sure will cop it from opposition fans, media and so on. He would be feeling pretty bad even though it was a pure accident. I am sure storm will look after him mentally. Regarding waiting the only thing wrong with the tackle was hand between the legs which made it look like a bad lift. Watching replays his legs didn't go above his hip or vertical. My view to no set date is if he is cleared the day after there would be public outcry. He may get a fairer hearing when the emotion has subdued a bit.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sad all round. Player with a broken neck and a uncertain future. A player that has just really started his top grade career. Referees that let the players down by not doing their job right. I thought that the ref was to call held as soon as a foot was of the ground but week in week out they don't call held until they think its time to. If they call held as soon as the foot is up and penalise anyone that continues on with the tackle we wont have lifting tackles at all. They tend to let it go on thinking they might get a off load but at what risk. Every week player are lifted and carried back down the field and they will sometimes don't call held for 5 meters or so. Players play but referees control the game they lost control on Monday and it looked like someone was going to get hurt at sometime. The NRL need to fix it not just punish it and forget it.