McLean Report

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

all lifting tackles should be judged the same then!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

NRL were asking 7-11 plus 6 weeks for severity of injury...Can`t believe he got 7 weeks. Jordan looked shattered when he walked out of lift before hearing.I hope everyone is looking after Jordan`s mental health..
STAY STRONG JORDAN YOU HAVE OUR SUPPORT
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I not agreeing with 7 weeks, but if you look at as 1 week for the tackle and 6 weeks for the serious of the injury. The tackle is worth a week on the side lines and the NRL rules say to take the seriousness of the,(which is wrong), and they asked for 6 weeks.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

7 weeks for that tackle I would hate to be the NZ on the weekend who through the other player on his head no injury so he will get a week I guess. More dangerous but no injury go figure no logic to it at all.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dear NRL,

Glad to be part of the dog and pony show.

sincerely

the entire rugby league community
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I will always support Storm but I'm just about over the NRL. What a pathetic, amateur bunch of turds.
There is no justice in this. Mclean has been made a scapegoat for what was a tragic accident. There was no intent and even the most biased, Storm hating journos north of the border have found nothing to say other than that it was an accident. To hit him with this sort of penalty will only re-inforce in his mind that the NRL feel he was at fault and caused the injury. I hope that he can stay strong and gets plenty of support from Storm to deal with this.
Last edited by Woody on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To our CEO don't think just act and fight it 1 because it wrong and 2 for Jordan. Jordan chin up it wasn't just your fault even if the NRL want to make u their scape goat.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Woody wrote:I will always support Storm but I'm just about over the NRL. What a pathetic, amateur bunch of turds.
There is no justice in this. Mclean has been made a scapegoat for what was a tragic accident. There was no intent and even the most biased, Storm hating journos north of the border have found nothing to say other than that it was an accident. To hit him with this sort of penalty will only re-inforce in his mind that the NRL feel he was at fault and caused the injury. I hope that he can stay strong and gets plenty of support from Storm to deal with this.
+1
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:I will always support Storm but I'm just about over the NRL. What a pathetic, amateur bunch of turds.
Sums up my feelings exactly. I love the Melbourne Storm. I love the game of RL. But I really am just about done. Disillusioned with such p*ss poor management.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Not much to say other than I'm guttered for all involved. Just a very tragic accident. No intent or malice. Unfortunately, in society we're conditioned to always find fault. :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There is nothing we can do about the outcome for Jordan McLean, all this anger over the NRL is not going to do anything positive. Let's just hope Jordan can cop what he gets for it and move on with his life and not have to be reminded about this tragic incident again after his suspension.

One of the things I can't get my head around is that this is now the third very serious on field incident involving a Melbourne Storm player in less than 15 years (first Stephen Kearney's and Marcus Bai's spear tackle on Jarrod McCracken in 2000, second Danny Williams' king hit on Mark O'Neill in 2004 and now this almost 10 years later).
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

what a joke! it sh1ts me that he got 7 weeks. how could they not factor in mckinnons head position that he did on his own accord.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:There is nothing we can do about the outcome for Jordan McLean, all this anger over the NRL is not going to do anything positive. Let's just hope Jordan can cop what he gets for it and move on with his life and not have to be reminded about this tragic incident again after his suspension.

One of the things I can't get my head around is that this is now the third very serious on field incident involving a Melbourne Storm player in less than 15 years (first Stephen Kearney's and Marcus Bai's spear tackle on Jarrod McCracken in 2000, second Danny Williams' king hit on Mark O'Neill in 2004 and now this almost 10 years later).
We (as in you and I) might not be able to do anything about the outcome for Jordan, but if our club doesn't fight this appalling ruling by a pathetic judiciary then they are just as much of a joke as the NRL itself. As bushman said, they need to fight this for Jordan and because it is flat out wrong.

Also, I'm not sure if you're trying to imply something with your last paragraph... what can't you get your head around?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

do the two refs get 7 weeks as well for not calling held?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just as expected.

I am glad to see that this attitude that we are feeling is shared amongst the majority of NRL supporters on other forums.

McLean and storm should not appeal this. Dont drag it on and bring anymore emotion into this horrible situation than is already present. The precedent has been set and now the judiciary have to maintain some consistency, they'll cop the wrath of their error later.

Mclean needs to be given some time off, hes got almost 2 months to get his head right and get his footy where he wants it. Cop the ban and move on, its best for all parties.

Now we have an opportunity to blood some new talent that we are dying to see and TBH the lad is replaceable at this time in his career and role