McLean Report

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Officially cleared to play. Hearing is next Wednesday.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
sallymay wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... zqnc1.html

Free to play till the hearing
The NRL are going to get so much backlash from this.
How so? We already know they are weak as piss.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The NRL played it smart here and covered their own tracks. By standing him down they appeased the cries for Jordan to miss games, but still left the opportunity for the Storm to have him cleared to play if Jordan was up for it. From a public perception point of view they have pushed any potential negative publicity onto the Storm for appealing their decision. If anyone is going to have a backlash from this it will be us, not the NRL. I think it is a bit of a blessing that the game this week is in Perth, and the club must have taken this into consideration too. Jordan's reception would have been much worse if it was played in Sydney.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:The NRL played it smart here and covered their own tracks. By standing him down they appeased the cries for Jordan to miss games, but still left the opportunity for the Storm to have him cleared to play if Jordan was up for it. From a public perception point of view they have pushed any potential negative publicity onto the Storm for appealing their decision. If anyone is going to have a backlash from this it will be us, not the NRL. I think it is a bit of a blessing that the game this week is in Perth, and the club must have taken this into consideration too. Jordan's reception would have been much worse if it was played in Sydney.
I have to disagree. The nrl have been made to look grossly incompetent and will even moreso if Jordan gets off next week. He should have fronted this week. Simple.

and I'm surprised at some of the support of Mclean...though indirectly by form of "it was an accident. Still a few nuffies but not as much anti storm sentiment as I was expecting.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:and I'm surprised at some of the support of Mclean...though indirectly by form of "it was an accident. Still a few nuffies but not as much anti storm sentiment as I was expecting.
Unless you are unable to fight temptation and read any social media commentary/other RL forums. There's a world of hate out there. It is a generalisation but League fans really are the worst people.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You are correct yourhero - I just reckon Storm have to sneeze and the hatred oozes outta the opposition supporters pores. It gets to a stage where I just don't care about the them anymore. I have to admit it but it is unbelievable how League Fans operate.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can you imagine if giddyup was still in charge? . He would`ve called a press conference and sat there with that look on his face like he had a turd stuck under his nose and announce that the 3 Storm players involved will be suspended for the rest of the season. We know he would`ve had his hand on his fave plaything and being all excited.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

brisbanestorm wrote:The NRL played it smart here and covered their own tracks. By standing him down they appeased the cries for Jordan to miss games, but still left the opportunity for the Storm to have him cleared to play if Jordan was up for it. From a public perception point of view they have pushed any potential negative publicity onto the Storm for appealing their decision. If anyone is going to have a backlash from this it will be us, not the NRL. I think it is a bit of a blessing that the game this week is in Perth, and the club must have taken this into consideration too. Jordan's reception would have been much worse if it was played in Sydney.
Any excuse for the opposition supporters to rip into Storm. I also thought it was good that we are playing in Perth. Hope Jordan has a huge game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Can you imagine if giddyup was still in charge? . He would`ve called a press conference and sat there with that look on his face like he had a turd stuck under his nose and announce that the 3 Storm players involved will be suspended for the rest of the season. We know he would`ve had his hand on his fave plaything and being all excited.
and he would've accused our players of terrorising the knights too
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You have to take the insults and ridiculous comments from rugby league fans with a grain of salt. We never know who lies behind the faceless insults. For all of you that frequent LU forum. Check out the posts from "pugsley" a penrith fan, in the Alex McKinnon forum under NRL. Then go and check out his twitter page "pugster". You only have to look at his photos to see where I'm coming from. His family should really pull his head in.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was spewing that you can't register with Gmail at LU....I was ready to drop a piece of my mind on a bunch of their threads.......might be a good thing though - there's no arguing against the circular logic over there - i'd rather hang with the sane, like minded people in here! :)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Youd expect a farkton of anti Storm sentiment at LU but as I said previous there is not as much ad you'd think. A lot of people still playing the "alex ducked his head" card.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:I was spewing that you can't register with Gmail at LU....I was ready to drop a piece of my mind on a bunch of their threads.......might be a good thing though - there's no arguing against the circular logic over there - i'd rather hang with the sane, like minded people in here! :)

Don't you will do your head in - I certainly come here to keep my sanity
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A fair article from one of out haters Paul Kent

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6868026480
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paul K*nt said on his blog that he thought 4 -5 weeks suspension for McLean would be "fair". If McLead plead guilty, that would make the tackle a Grade 4.

To put that in perspective, Inu dumping Inglis directly on the top of his head last year was a Grade 4.
Tony Williams ragdoll effort was a Grade 4.

McLean's tackle was not in the same universe as these two tackles.

Idiots like Kent look at a tackle and then start talking how many "weeks" it deserves without putting the tackle through the charge and grading process.