Jesse Bromwich

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our forward leader has re-signed for 4 more years!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, Jesse is rapidly becoming one of the best front rowers we've ever had. He is due to play his 100th game this year and is already a premiership winner and dual world club challenge winner.

If he keeps this current form up, I would even go so far as to say that he'll be player of the year.

Champion!!!!!!!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Huge signing... if we can re-sign Tohu as well we're a long way to securing the future of the pack!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree, he MUST be priority 1 now
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse will go down as our best prop ever IMO. He's still so underrated.

Brent Read on the Australian says Harris re-signing is imminent.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Jesse will go down as our best prop ever IMO. He's still so underrated.
Agreed.
blazza18 wrote:Brent Read on the Australian says Harris re-signing is imminent.
That would be the cherry on the signing cake. Smith, Jessie and Tohu were the absolute priorities. If we can lock Tohu up for a number of years, the future looks very bright.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where do we think Jesse ranks amongst our best ever props?

I would have Kearns at number 1, and then I would start Bromwich alongside him in a best team I think with two of Howe, White and Lima coming off the bench.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Where do we think Jesse ranks amongst our best ever props?

I would have Kearns at number 1, and then I would start Bromwich alongside him in a best team I think.
I think that's fair enough. Kearns is still number 1 for me (played an extra 70-odd games as well) but Jesse looks the more talented footy player. By the time Jesse finishes with us (hopefully not for a long time), I think he will surpass the great Kearns.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So who makes way under the cap? Norrie must be gone now for sure. Hoffman too maybe?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Where do we think Jesse ranks amongst our best ever props?

I would have Kearns at number 1, and then I would start Bromwich alongside him in a best team I think.
I think that's fair enough. Kearns is still number 1 for me (played an extra 70-odd games as well) but Jesse looks the more talented footy player. By the time Jesse finishes with us (hopefully not for a long time), I think he will surpass the great Kearns.
I agree with you Yourhero, I think by the time Jesse finishes (hopefully not for a very long time yet) he will be the undisputed best prop to have played for us and that says something because we have had some very good props:

Kearns, Howe, Bawden, Roarty, White, Lima, Kaufusi, Tolman and Blair all spring to mind for various reasons. Obviously Kearns is the pick of them for his longevity, skill and ability to play big minutes but, Jesse is getting there and doing it fast.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kind of hoping Norrie gets the tap on the shoulder. He's been solid here but we can't keep letting the young guys move on over the oldies. Proctor will probably get thrown overs from another club too.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Proctor will probably be the one to move on
storm77
Squall
Squall

AND NOW MY CONCERNS ARE EASED. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Management was thinking ahead. Now I can be happy that Cam re-signed with us as it doesn't look like it is going to cost us much.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I caught the video of Jesse speaking to the media on the Storm website about why he re-signed with the Storm. He seems very happy and settled with us. The main reason seems to be around his parents now living in Melbourne, along with his partner and daughter... Having Kenny around home and the club would also have to be a factor.

He was asked about interest from other clubs and said that he didn't have any contact and wasn't interested. He simply told his manager he wanted to stay in Melbourne and his manager sorted it out.

Awesome stuff Jesse :-D
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffman will not go, this guy bleeds purple. CB will do anything to keep him.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was floored when I read the email about this. Absolutely outstanding news, the culture of the club is paying off big time! and Jesse will now be an integral member in forming a new big 3 or 4 for the club.

I am very excited to see him develop even more in the club