Jesse Bromwich to the sharks??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cronulla Sharks prop Andrew Fifita choked back tears on Monday night while telling teammates he would be leaving the club, which has now turned its sights on Kiwi International Jesse Bromwich.

Melbourne Storm’s Bromwich has emerged as Cronulla’s No.1 priority to replace Fifita. The Daily Telegraph understands talks with the Kiwi International’s management are already well advanced. Penrith Panthers props Tim Grant and Sam McKendry could also be options should Penrith agree to terms for an early release from their contracts.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love having Jessie in the team. He is an amazing talent and the best prop we have had since the great Kearns.

I also don't think we will keep him. Not if Cronulla are prepared to throw big money at him. The obvious downside to having the best 1, 7 & 9 combo in the game, is quality elsewhere will eventually become too rich to maintain.

Not signing Norrie may have helped... but ultimately with the big 3, we will always be reliant on solid workhorse props and second rowers, not stars. Jessie is on the cusp of the latter.

I am equally interested to see what the club does with Hoffman/Proctor coming off contract in the not too distant future.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bromwich is signed until next season and would be a priority re-signing for the club IMO. Can't see him going anywhere unless Cronulla pay overs.
yourhero wrote:I am equally interested to see what the club does with Hoffman/Proctor coming off contract in the not too distant future.
As am I and both are up this year. Hoffman is not what he used to be and Proctor should be entering his prime. Fairly easy decision for me.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I have no doubt Cronulla along with several clubs will go after Jesse, however I don't think we should be worrying about losing him prematurely. Considering the source is "the daily telegraph" I would not be buying into any hysterics just yet about losing him. I personally think that many first grade players will be cautious about joining Cronulla considering the clubs' future financial position, which would be further compromised should any ASADA action proceed amongst a litany of lawsuits.

Our club works extremely hard to keep our core players and despite the hysteria and speculation of Camerons' contract, the club is professional enough to plan ahead and foresee the potential changes and demand for pay increases for our most valuable players as they come off contract. I also think we might have more leeway than people realise, a lot of our off season recruits would be on lower end contracts and while people are disappointed that Widdop left, you would imagine that a fair amount of what the club budgeted for him would be redirected towards upgrades for Jesse B, Tohu and Kevin Proctor, as well as considering the rise in the Salary Cap and the clubs ability to use 3rd party deals as a major chunk of the salaries for our big three players in particular. This would allow for our salary cap to be directed more proportionately than previously when there where restrictions on 3rd party deals. Fingers crossed anyway!

In regards to Hoffy, I think he is someone who might accept less money to stay but I very much think of any of our long standing players, he is the one most likely to be retained by the club in retirement for corporate purposes. Very much in the same vein as Robbie Kearns is used currently. Our big three have far too many other options post football to take up such a role and Hoffman is both popular, affable and is held in high regard for his loyalty (I think he is truly one of the great clubmen we have ever had).
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Souths will be the bigger threat I'd say. They have money and are in a far better position then Cronulla.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well said kya
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Bromwich is signed until next season and would be a priority re-signing for the club IMO. Can't see him going anywhere unless Cronulla pay overs.
yourhero wrote:I am equally interested to see what the club does with Hoffman/Proctor coming off contract in the not too distant future.
As am I and both are up this year. Hoffman is not what he used to be and Proctor should be entering his prime. Fairly easy decision for me.
hoffman will cut out his own heart before he plays for anybody but Melbourne. If he leaves it'll be super league.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

He ain`t going nowhere. He has signed on with the MIGHTY MELBOURNE STORM for another 4 years. Your woes continue sharks
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the telegraph's streak of being wrong continues... as inaccurate as people think Nostradamus is accurate lol