Round 1 - Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Cronk is fit I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hampton has been earmarked as our future 5/8th since Widdop decided to leave. He would need to put together a string of bad games before Bellamy even contemplates replacing him, he's apart of our future. They signed Roberts because we needed more depth, now I'd much prefer giving Walker a shot over him but he's only there cause of injury.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was at training today and by what happened today, Cronk is not playing. He did the whole training sessions both attack and defense. But when they went into two teams to play a game situation. Cronk was on the side with the rest of the players not named on Tuesday. Hampton and Roberts played 6 and 7. Although Roberts hardly got his hands on the ball. Hampton and Smith did most of the kicking. Griffin, Romelo and Garbutt all played on Cronk's team also.

Although one of those 3 might come into the side because Hinchcliffe did not do any match work and run laps with Travis Robinson. I heard Hinchcliffe says when asked by someone if he is right to play, "don't know, it depends how I pull up after tomorrow's run, but I am pretty confident, I am going in to have more treatment now".

When the stopped for drinks halfway through the match, on team when to the side with Craig who gave instructions and the other team went to the other side and Cronk did all the instructing. Maybe it a coaching trick because there was a lit bit of media there, but usually the players Craig talks to are the ones playing. During this training drill, Billy Slater keep yelling out watch "Brett Stewart out the back" or "Cover Brett Stewart" so I think we are out to stop Brett Stewart! Another thing was we dropped the ball a bit today

The was one really good thing: Billy Slater run the whole time and did not look like he had a problem with his knee. It does have a bandage on it but he runs alright.

Lastly Young Tonumaipea was on the side of Will Chambers and he did a few bit of training of plays with him.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, unless Bellyache is playing funny buggers which i doubt it's confirmed that Coops will be out this week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice info mate.
I think the best thing is for Cronk to just come back next weekend anyway. Still wouldn't shock me to see him play this weekend though. Still kinda hoping Garbutt finds away into the team.

Best news is Young and Will training together which means they'll be on the same side, makes heaps of sense defending that way.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with that. As Craig said they're being more cautious than anything else given it's such a long season and all that and even though the scum at home is probably one of the hardest trips you can cop first up, if there's even just a slight doubt on him i'd rather him have the extra week just in case.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

On Sydney media sites: Hinchcliffe has passed his fitness test and will play. Also, Frank Ponissi laughed when told that Manly think Cronk will play because he is not.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gotta love Frank!

After watching last night's game, I can't wait to see what Cam is going to do up the middle - I'm certain he'll be making quite a few people look silly if they aren't careful. .... especially if we manage to get a couple of penalties.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok so late tonight Ben Hampton organised a photo of the whole squad for a sick little guy in Sydney he posted it on Facebook and there is only 18 players in the photo mitch Garbutt and Slade Griffen are not in it...Joel romalo is in it so I'm guessing Mitch and Slade will be playing qcup and nswcup tomorrow
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

GAME DAY PEOPLE - FIRE UP STORM!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Ok so late tonight Ben Hampton organised a photo of the whole squad for a sick little guy in Sydney he posted it on Facebook and there is only 18 players in the photo mitch Garbutt and Slade Griffen are not in it...Joel romalo is in it so I'm guessing Mitch and Slade will be playing qcup and nswcup tomorrow
so the 18 are: slater, waqa, chambers, fonua, tonumaipeia, hampton, roberts, j.bromwich, smith, norrie, proctor, hoffman, hinchcliffe, mclean, harris, rose, k.bromwich and romelo?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was trying to post the photo but it won't let me...yes I'd say that will be the line up
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I may be wrong....the mole on twitter just said Slade Griffen will get a run today
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope not.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm guessing he thinks it will be Smith to 7, Hinchcliffe to 9, Harris to 13, Griffin to the bench and Roberts to drop out
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and we're 1-17