Round 1 - Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

supercronk wrote:Well done to the players for such a great comeback.

Doesn't hide the fact that if Brett Stewart didn't get injured then Manly win by 40
And if the dog didn't stop for a shit on the way home, he wouldn't got run over.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

supercronk wrote:Well done to the players for such a great comeback.

Doesn't hide the fact that if Brett Stewart didn't get injured then Manly win by 40
Nah, without Stewart they would've won by 50 i reckon....
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

supercronk wrote:
Doesn't hide the fact that you have turned into the worst troll on this board since Roberttuz, and if you don't stop it I'm going to suspend you.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said TC and thank-you
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Anyway, well done boys.
Very rusty to start, but came good.

Should be a good year.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah, I'm just rapt with how we came back & WON!!! Impressed with Young, Jordan & Kenny were the bomb & Cam looks sooo good. Billy was solid, can only get better and better as he has more games (excited as about that) and Will Chambers is awesome. Roberts even...
First half was lack of possession (can't believe those loose carries from manly were deemed strips) but always thought (bit of hoped, prayed I must admit) that Storm would turn it around. great game imo, work to do but what an awesome comeback...Go Storm!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Doesn't hide the fact that you have turned into the worst troll on this board since Roberttuz, and if you don't stop it I'm going to suspend you.

He is Roberttuz and the several incarnations he's makes up after every other time he's been banned. Everyone knows that but after he's finally suspended the the latest alter ego will predictably come along. Vicious circle and all that.....
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:And if Cronk plays we win by heaps. You can only play what it on the field. Ifs and buts do not mean anything. The FACTS are STORM WON!!!!!!!!!!!
this....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win. At least twice as enjoyable as an ordinary win seeing as we beat the scum at their sh*tty home ground.

Hampton was very good in such a big game. Repaying some of that faith Bellamy has had in him. McLeam and Kenny B were outstanding.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:Fox commentators were so bad. I usually like Greg Alexander but tonight he was as bad as his mate Smith.
I hate GA commentating our games. He hates Storm and he never gives us any credit throughout the game. He was nearly crying in the 2nd half when Storm were coming back. When Ben H was tackled after he kicked the ball he nearly blew a gasket cos we got a penalty.When any of our players were tackled high "it come off the ball and went high".When SISA went for the try and got kneed in the head by their number 6 why wasn`t anything said or done about that? If it had been Billy that had done it we would have heard about it for the rest of the game instead it was dismissed and moved on without a mention of the knees.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few things excited me tonight and now that my heart rate has returned to normal I can put them down.

1.Young Tonumaipeia - This kid excites me for two reasons, he is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and take the hard run and he can be very classy when he gets some space - almost scored twice.

2.Ben Hampton - His second half (minus one errant kick) was one of, if not the best display from a young Storm half playing there for the first time that I can remember. His try was just great footwork and his try assist to Kenny was outstanding awareness.

3.Kenny Bromwich - He arrived tonight, we all knew he could do it and he delivered on a big stage. Almost has to start at 13 next week now doesn't he?

4.Jordan McLean - Just continues to impress, building on from his year last year. This kid could be anything.

5.Mahe Fonua - I don't know about anyone else, but, I thought he looked infinitely more comfortable in the CENTRES and on the RIGHT, where he played his entire NYC career. I've felt we were playing him one too wide and on the wrong side and I think he showed us tonight that he deserves a good crack at this spot. He can run the ball, we all knew that, but, I felt his second half in defense was the best defensive effort we've seen from him.

6.Tohu Harris - Tackle, Hit Up, Tackle, Hit Up, the kid's a machine!

7.Oh, and did I mention they're all players who've come through our NYC side at the very least, some of them even our SG Ball side as well. We also had Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor who came through that system out there tonight and we have Richie Kennar, Matthew Lodge, Slade Griffin, Justin O'Neill, Matt Duffie and Kurt Mann on our list who've played at that level as well. That's 14 players! And it would have been 15 if Denny Solomona hadn't gone to London.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

supercronk wrote:Doesn't hide the fact that if Brett Stewart didn't get injured then Manly win by 40
:lol: It must have hurt seeing the cross-eyed wonder icing his ass at halftime. Now the rest of the team of scum will have to ice their ass after being bent over in the second half :lol:
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Great finish but boy the first half was hard to watch , whatever Bellamy said at half time worked !
Good to see the penalty count finished in our favour as it was deserved , Lyon should've been marched 10 mtrs each time he approached the ref !
Bring on the panthers , they won't be a pushover but I expect us to get the job done.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it is an insult to my Champion team to have to play on a cowpaddock called Brookie oval. Maybe that is why we started off slow as we aren`t used to playing on a substandard ground with substandard change rooms. Teams expect to play on these kinds of grounds in local footy not professional Footy.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

fair point there Stormy. if i can draw an aussie rules comparison, i used to be involved with the vfl and rounds had matches moved from them at that level that were in better knick than brookvale