Round 1 - Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
NEVER IN DOUBT
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Look at all you negative nelly's. supercronk you make me so happy.

Gotta say that win is a bonus. Didn't think we had a chance without Cronk, even more so after that first half. But wow Benny Hampton! Had a shocking first half but came back so well. Also Kenny Bromwich and McLean were huge. Even our edge defence looked good once we were able to defend with some confidence.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

brisbanestorm wrote:Look at all you negative nelly's. supercronk you make me so happy.

Gotta say that win is a bonus. Didn't think we had a chance without Cronk, even more so after that first half. But wow Benny Hampton! Had a shocking first half but came back so well. Also Kenny Bromwich and McLean were huge. Even our edge defence looked good once we were able to defend with some confidence.

don't want to blow a trumpet here but T made the difference
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our bench was absolutely terrific. The best overall game from our reserves since forever.

In Cam we trust.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote:
brisbanestorm wrote:Look at all you negative nelly's. supercronk you make me so happy.

defense-wise on the edge I mean
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose and Hampton, save for his kick out on the full, were FANTASTIC. The former could be quite the handy pick up.

There's only one thing that needs to be said now and that is FAAAAAAAARRRRRRK MANLY!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote:
Chip wrote:

defense-wise on the edge I mean
Yeah he did but its what we've come to expect from him as one of our most consistent players haha. Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I do recall saying that our bench was looking great ;) Hopefully we don't see any more of this bench utility non-sense
staticash
Squall
Squall

It is safe to say I went through every emotion known to man kind during this game! But what an ending and what a boost in confidence for the squad. Beat manly at home in golden point what a way to start the season.
We really need to have a look at our defence on the edges but with some more confidence I think they will do the job we need them to.
S.W.A.S
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:

He was great mate for sure but there were several others that were as well. Given we had an unproven halves combo and playing their first game together running the show that was a brilliant victory especially given we were sooo far behind at Scum oval. After an average first half there were many many positives to come out of the whole game and ones that will hold us in very good stead for the season.

I'm sure i'm not the only one is saying i'm extremely excited about our young up and coming forward pack who are without doubt by far the most impressive we've ever had on our books. It's an area we've for the most part been perceived to be weak at but i don't think you'll be hearing that again any time soon ;)

Oh and to every one of the Fox Sports commentators who picked the Scum to win......Go feck your yourselves! :lol:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fox commentators were so bad. I usually like Greg Alexander but tonight he was as bad as his mate Smith.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

supercronk......where are you???
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still can't believe what we saw :lol: Showed so much ticker in that second half and the momentum swing in our favour killed Manly. Everything that went wrong in the first half went right. The bench was incredible in the 2nd half. Kenny B started it all with his impact and then Jordan and Rose helped finish them off.

Take away the defensive side for a tick and Young showed us plenty tonight, runs the ball extremely hard. Once Hampton inserted himself more the better he played, he'll only grow from that experience of playing at such a tough place to play.

We still have a lot to work on but my god its so good beating those scum.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No doubt there's plenty to work on mate as most teams will have in round one but bloody hell the signs look good. Hampton was quality for the most part tonight and he'll only continue to improve once he's playing along side Coops. Anyone who was worried that we'd miss Gaz at 6 then don't, we all knew what this bloke was capable of and there's no doubt he'll show that and them some.
supercronk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well done to the players for such a great comeback.

Doesn't hide the fact that if Brett Stewart didn't get injured then Manly win by 40
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

And if Cronk plays we win by heaps. You can only play what is on the field. Ifs and buts do not mean anything. The FACTS are STORM WON!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by glennb on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.