Trial game 22/23 Feb: Vs Dogs and East Tigers:

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team Vs Bulldogs Sunday 23rd Feb Suncorp Stadium 5pm

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Hampton
7. Ben Roberts
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13.Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange

14.Hymel Hunt
15.Richie Kennar
16.Joel Romelo
17.Slade Griffin
18.Mitch Garbutt
19.Jordan McLean
20.Tohu Harris
21.Felise Kaufusi
22.Cameron Munster

Team Vs East Tigers Saturday 22nd Feb Langlands Park 7pm

1. Tremaine Jensen
2. Matt Duffie
3. Junior Kirisome
4. Niua Finau Puaka
5. Suliasi Vunivalu
6. Jake Turpin
7. Cody Walker
8. Dayne Weston
9. Kurt Mann
10. George Rose
11. Junior Moors
12. Tim Glasby
13. Kenny Bromwich

Interchange

14. Matt Lodge
15. Christian Welch
16. Rhys Kennedy
17. Billy Kitt
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surprised George Rose is not in the main game. Also, Sulisasi in the trial against Easts is great, he's only 17 so Bellamy must be impressed by what he's seen from him. With Mann named at hooker it just confirms that that must be the position Bellyache is grooming Kurt into. Apparently suggest to McGahan to develop into one which Matt obviously wasn't willing but clearly Mann is interested in being a dummy-half.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thinking too much into things - Young, Fonua seem to be battling it out for the vacant outside backs spot atm. Ben Roberts at halfback scares the crap out of me even if it is a trial. Bellamy will be Bellamy with his forward pack and wont change a thing. Romelo and Griffin are fighting out for a bench utility role sadly.

Also big thing IMO is Mann at hooker. Bellamy might see him as our future number 9.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm not suggesting Suli will be playing first-grade in the near future, just that he's rising through the ranks at a fast pace.

If that is indeed the case and Slade & Joel are fighting for the utility spot on the bench (personally I'd play Hinchy in that role) then I hope Romelo is the chosen one as he adds another dimension to our bench instead of Slade who basically is another Hinchcliffe.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

3 vics in the main team, even if just a trial, is an awesome achievement for the code here.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldnt be suprised to see Billy Kitt get plenty of time at dh with Mann at fb
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also Roberts or Hampton defending with Fonua and Young on one side should be fun to watch.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

surprised kenny bromwich and dayne weston aren't in the main game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny and Dayne are both coming back from injury so I'm assuming Craig wants to ease them into it Kenny's injury was really bad so I doubt he will get a lot of game time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

makes sense then.

i should just address all queries to you, you seem to know all the ins and outs lol
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Wouldnt be suprised to see Billy Kitt get plenty of time at dh with Mann at fb
Maybe. I do find it very intriguing though that Mann played at hooker in the trial against Canberra, played there a bit in Auckland and then named there again this week. I'm probably reading way too much into things but it could be in case Smith leaves and this is a way for Mann to play FG now that we've signed Munster.

It's obviously not a lot to go on but he did look very sharp out of dummy half in the trial against Canberra.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tbh nothing in Mann' game(and I havent seen alot of him) screams future Storm 9 to me. Hopefully he doesnt end up another young player we stuff around position wise (there starting to pile up the past few years)

If I was going to convert anyone it would be Billy Britain.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea not sure. And as I said he looked crisp out there for one game in a trial which isn't a lot to go on. He's roughly the same weight/height as Smith as well. Might not be anything but it's intriguing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maybe we're hoping he'll be a kurt gidley covering 1,6,7,9
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So apparently Duffie went down at training yesterday. Terrible news if it's anything serious.

@badds76
Breaking: matt duffie went down at storm training yday sent for scans on his knee. Hopefully not another ACL injury