Widdop carving them up already

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
supercronk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Looks like he will be the biggest loss we've had for a few years

http://m.nrl.com/widdop,-williams-shine ... fault.aspx
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Contradicts your other posts about Cam leaving, ya moron! The lack of imagination is so disappointing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who did they play a combined Illawarra and Mudgee team. Not even anywhere near first grade standard. Although I am a big fan of Gaz. I think we will be right we have Hampton and Walker.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's like anf afl team playing against a combined amateurs team, not even the next level down, not at all worried by that performance
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

He has gone and I have moved on. I will see if he is a big loss when the season proper starts. I always thought it was the big 3 who made him serviceable some games.
I wish him well except when he plays us.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I look forward to seeing if he can step away from the big 3's shadow now he's all by himself. I think he's in for a good season.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he'll definitely have a decent season and will be serviceable for the Queens but whether he'll be $550k a season serviceable remains to be seen. If it meant paying him near that to keep him or having Hampton/Walker to choose from and paying them a hell of a lot less i'd take the latter every time. I'm not saying that they'll go better than Widdop, i just mean i don't think the gap would be anywhere near great enough to warrant paying the several hundred thousand dollars more.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh I agree, Ice. In our system there is no need for a $500k 4th option/playmaker. I'm perfectly fine moving forward with one of Hampton/Walker who I think can add a bit more to what Gaz brought to our team.
supercronk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Widdop carving it up again today. Setting up tries with jinking runs and kicking goals from everywhere.

Whoever was responsible at the club for letting this guy go should be sacked.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6849543461
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only been 1 week champ. If he keeps it up then we have to question why we never used his talents enough.

I do prefer Hampton though so not concerned.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, why don't we keep every up and coming player as well as our established stars. Maybe we should keep every player we have ever had? Why oh why don't we do that!!!???

Oh that's right... that whole salary cap thing.

::)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

a list of 156, what's the total cap at these days?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Heppy to see he's going well
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Set up 4 tries. He was brilliant. But yes it is only round one. Still if he's going to be his own man and lead a team around the park away from the big 3 then there's worse places he could have picked than the Dragons who have lacked any sort of direction in the last 2 or 3 seasons. He'll do well.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote:Yep, why don't we keep every up and coming player as well as our established stars. Maybe we should keep every player we have ever had? Why oh why don't we do that!!!???

Oh that's right... that whole salary cap thing.

::)
because we're not a barely scrutinised Sydney club ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields