Storm v Raiders trial Sat Feb 8th, AAMI Park 5.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer and I described same try. All those players were involved. Storm 12 Raiders 8. 20 minutes left.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Easy try to the raiders after Jensen fails to collect the ball.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Raiders 20 Storm 12 7 mins left.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who from us kicked it out on the full ?
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Winger came in for no reason easy try.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ben Roberts kicked out on full.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought so. Thanks, Scooter.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A good break from Kaufusi towards end but he had no support. Raiders 20 Storm 12.
supercronk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

disappointing effort.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My standouts were Garbutt, Mann, Kaufusi, Munster, Young and Mahe. Canberra had a lot of ball for most of the match and we were hardly in their half so we didn't get many scoring opportunities. Good hitout from the youngsters though, I bet Bellamy is impressed with a few of them.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Standout for me were Young, Duffie, Munster, Roberts was good running the ball, Hamptons first half was good. Rose was good as well. Mahes defense still hasn't improved and gave two stupid penalties. I thought Welch was the best of the u20 players who played.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can young play centqe? Might be worth a look, was impressive today and that's the position that's going so try it in the next trial game and he might turn into a rd 1 bolter if it goes well. Unfortunately is probably 5th in line for the wing where he was a standout today though.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Standouts for me were Tonumaipea, Munster, Garbutt, Hampton and Kaufusi. I think Justin's 30 or 40 minutes were very good. Think he is favourite for other centre spot. I thought Richie Kennar made some good runs while he was on. Romelo was good at hooker but didn't do much in halves in "third quarter".

Is it just me or has Mahe put on some beef?

George Rose is not just a Manly cult hero, he is a cult hero full stop. Rose did some nice things too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster impressed me with his runs out of our half
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Griffen made a couple of good runs, and chased the ball with great determination.

It would've been nice of the club to let us know to bring our membership card along for discounted tickets. Fortunately the ticket guy believed me when I queried the price and gave my daughter and I the discounted price.
Considering it was a trial, and for $20, it wouldn't have been too much to ask for a printout of team list so you knew who some of the youngsters out there were.

Just remember folks, this was a trial. Some of those players will not play first grade this year, and there were no real set plays with a 7-man bench and at least 9 regular first graders missing (Slater, Waqa, Chambers, Hoffman, Hinchcliffe, & Bromwich bros)