Under 20's Thunderbolts...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suilasi Vunivalu and Matt Lodge scored a try each not sure of other try scorers.
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks. Wondering who the goal kicker is too.
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm came back well in second half. Just have to work on defence.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have to say that's a very disappointing result if Lodge played.

I also don't understand the thinking behind Rennie and Kirisome playing/being considered for NSW cup already.

They're only 1 year removed from SG ball. See if their too good for Holden cup before we start moving them up ala Dylan Walker.
sydstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

You have to ask the question, Who is making these decision's!! You would think these 2 boys would have to prove themselves like the other's before been considered to play at a higher level
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

And Pride has not been named for any team, or on the injury list? :?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seems like pride might too big for his boots....time will tell
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matt Adamson probably isn't the best coach for him then.

Penrith fans don't think to highly of him.
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So you think Pride is having problems with the coach? Too big for his boots? He is on a six year contract with the Storm after all. I don't think they want to see him sitting on the sideline for too long. See what happens next week. :?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nah, don't know what is going on. Just read Adamson can be difficult to deal with.
Luther
Squall
Squall

I don't recall Pride having an injury last week-he's too good to leave out of the team! Hopefully he's not in too much trouble? It would have been ideal to have him in the squad to help contain Bryce Cartwright who returns this weekend. Curious to see how NAS handles the 2013 Premiers, I wish him all the best.

Reubenn Rennie and Junior Kirisome not named again is interesting. Did any of you see Minhinnick and Tumusa play last week? These two must be playing well to keep Rennie & Kirisome out considering they have already formed a good combination throughout their SG games & preseason.

Good to see Eli Vole come into the 17, watch this kid fire off the bench for us this weekend.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tumusa is an Altona junior... he's a flyer. For those who remember the VRL sprint last season at half time of a home game, he was the second leg for Altona who flew over the top of them all for the win.
Very good footwork and speed, I'm keen to see him go this week
sydstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I believe what cost both Rennie and Kirisome their spots was defence. The coach must be focusing on defence as much as offence not like last years coach even though last weeks game was a let down initially in defence. Anyway i hope the boys do well against the Panthers as they weren't good against the Knights last weekend.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

I've enjoyed being able to follow up on the first round of the Thunderbolts through here, as there was no proper match report. But some good scouring over the Internet by everyone allowed to breath a bit of life into the match with Manly.

See if anyone is able to get this link to work for them. And you'll hopefully see some photos of the game.

http://www.actionphoto.com.au/cgi-bin/s ... &action=cd
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
huttriverofnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This will be probably my last post here. Pride signed a new three year contract with the Newcastle Knights a few hours ago. I won't discuss the reasons for the transfer, but suffice to say Pride will never wear the purple of the Melbourne Storm again. The Player of the Year for the SG Ball Under 18's of 2012, and the Player of the Year for the Under 20's in 2013. So in the forseeable future, he will be wearing the Red and Blue of the Newcastle Knights, not the purple of Melbourne.